Gordon Sackett Adams
|Father||Berkley Dickenson Adams1 (1875-1945)|
|Mother||Beatrice Nan "Bee" Sackett1 (1890-1985)|
In 1930 Gordon was living at Bacon, Charlotte County, VirginiaG, in the household of his parents Berkley and Beatrice, and was recorded in the census as Gordon S Adams, aged eight and born in Virginia.6
Gordon was listed in the Virginia Military Institute yearbooks of 1942 and 1943.7
Gordon completed a World War II draft registration card in 1943. He was aged 21 and was a student at the Virginia Military Institute. He was living at Red Oak, Charlotte County, VirginiaG, and next of kin was his father Berkley.8
Gordon was a career soldier, achieving the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force. He served during the Second World War.
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- Email from Gordon Sackett Adams to Sackett Discussion List, June 2002.
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- Death record.
- "Social Security Death Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Gordon Sackett Adams, b. 15 May 1922, d. 28 Apr 2006, last res. 95014 Cupertino, Santa Clara, California, SSN issued Virginia before 1951."
- "California, Divorce Index, 1966–1984", database, Ancestry.com, "Jun 1973, divorce, Santa Clara, California, Gordon S Adams and Jenny P Peeters."
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 0002; FHL microfilm: 2342173
Bacon, Charlotte County, Virginia, 17 Apr 1930
Adams, Berkley D, head, home owned, 55, m. at 22, b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. VA, farmer, general farm
Adams, Beatrice S, wife, 40, m. at 25, b. NJ, father b. NJ, mother b. NJ
Adams, Edward D, son, 11, b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. NJ
Adams, Gordon S, son, 8, b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. NJ
Adams, Rhea L, son, 6, b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. NJ
White, Julie M, boarder, 22, single, , b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. VA, teacher, public school
Adams, Joseph I, son, 31, single, , b. VA, father b. VA, mother b. Canada French, buyer, leaf tobacco.
- "U.S., School Yearbooks, 1900–1990", digital image, Ancestry.com, Virginia Military Institute, 1942, "Gordon Sackett Adams, Civil Engineering, Red Oak, Virginia."; 1943, "Gordon Sackett Adams, Red Oak, Virginia. Civil Engineering, Calvalry. "Slugger". Private, Cororal (3); Northern Virginia Club; Richmond Club; Southside Virginia Club; Cadet (4,3,2,1), Associate Editor (1); Turn-Out (1); Swimming Team (3,2,1); Gym Team (4,3,2,1); Track (4); American Society of Civil Engineers; Officers of Guard Association; Assistant Manager, Swimming (2); Manager, Swimming (1). The "Slugger"—which title will long be associated with the little incident of the girl and Harry—having the covenient habit of asking impossible questions in class to dodge a recitation. Unassuming—but quietly getting mixed up in a lot of everything."
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947", database, Ancestry.com, "Gordon Sackett Adams, Red Oak, Virginia, b. Richmond, VA, 15 May 1922, age 21, student UMI [sic: VMI], wt 125, complexion ruddy, eyes blue, hair brown, ht 5' 7", nok Burkley D Adams, father. Reg. 1943."
|Last Edited||28 January 2019|