The objectives of The Sackett Family Association are to research and record historical and genealogical data on Sackett descendants worldwide.
Membership of the Association is open to anyone with an interest in the Sackett family history. The only requirements for membership are an interest in Sackett family history and a willingness to share research findings with other members. There are no fees for membership.
The rules of the Association are in the Constitution.
Benefits of membership
If you are as fascinated by Sackett family history as we are you will want to
- share and compare your research with other Sackett family members
- break down your brick walls — experienced Sackett researchers are always willing to help
- make contact with "new" cousins
- meet other Sackett descendants at regular reunions
- get automatic subscription to the Sackett family mailing list
- make a contribution by working with others on collaborative Sackett research projects
- help run the Association by seeking election to the Committee.
Members have their own web page in the members' register with links to their Sackett ancestors' pages.
The Sackett family mailing list at Sackett.groups.io is the main forum for the exchange of research findings and the posting of queries about Sackett family history and genealogy.
The list was moved from RootsWeb to Groups.io in January 2020 following RootsWeb's announcement of the closure of their lists.
The Sackett list archives from 1997 to 2020 remain available for research at RootsWeb Sackett archive.
Committee of The Sackett Family Association
Non-committee post holders
Richard Price, 2018–2020
Ted Smith, 2015–18
Darlene Sackett, 2014–15
Debbie Barbee, 2012–14
Chris Sackett, 2011–12
Michelle Marolis, 2010
Tom Smith, 2009–10
Don Hertzler, 2008–09
Mary Lou Sackett, 2008
Thurmon King, 2005–07
Fred Sackett, 2004–05
Nancy Cluff Siders, 2003–04