|Father||Jonathan Sacket (1695/96-1773)|
|Mother||Anne Filer (c 1705-1787)|
Reuben was a selectman and a member of a committee involved in patriotic service in Kent, Connecticut, during the American Revolutionary War.11
Reuben was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Kent, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, on 12 June 1772.12
Reuben was named as a beneficiary in his mother's will made in Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, in June 1783.
In 1790 Reuben was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, one boy, and three females.13
Children of Reuben Sacket and Mercy Finney
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 204 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3799
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 1
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackit, Rubine, s. Jonathan, b. June 17, 1732. Hebron Vital Records, 1:13."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Reuben, d. July 5, 1803, æ 71 years. Warren Vital Records, 1:140."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:12, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Reuben, died July 5, 1803, age 71 yrs."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Ruben, m. Marcy Finney, b. of Kent, Dec. 21, 1752, by Rev. Cyrus Marsh. Kent Vital Records, LR1:12."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, vol. 60 (1906): 70, Bristol Branch of the Finney Family, "Mercy [Finney], [d. John Finney & Ann Toogood], b. [Swansea, Mass.] Jan. 1, 1729–30; m. Dec. 21, 1752, Reuben Sacket of East Greenwich, now Warren, Conn."
- Research notes, Thurmon King, 26 Jun 2014.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Marcy, w. Reuben, d. Jan. 23, 1805, æ 75 years. Warren Vital Records, 1:140."
- Website Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds (Ancestry.com) (http://www.ancestry.com), The Sharon Burying Ground, "Sackett, Mrs. Marcy, widow of the late Reuben, of Warren, died Jan. 23, 1805, æ. 75."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 43:4, Inscription, Hillside Cemetery, Sharon, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Mary, wife of Reuben, died Jan 23, 1805, age 75 yrs."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Reuben
Rank(s): Civil Service, Patriotic Service
Birth: 6-17-1732, Hebron, Hartford Co, Connecticut
Death: 6-5-1803, Warren, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Service Source: Ct Rev War Accts, 1st Ser, Vol 11, Doc 110a, Roll #36.15; Atwater, Hist of Kent, Ct, p 35
Service Description: Selectman & Member of Committee, Kent
Residence: Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Spouse: Mercy Finney."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "47. Jonathan Sacket, b. Mar. 20, 1696; d. Sept. 1, 1773; m. Ann Filer."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Reuben Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 3 white females.
|Last Edited||12 September 2019|