|Father||Jonathan Sacket (1695/96-1773)|
|Mother||Anne Filer (c 1705-1787)|
Reuben was a selectman and a member of a committee involved in patriotic service in Kent, Connecticut, during the American Revolutionary War.11
Reuben was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Kent, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, on 12 June 1772.12
Reuben was named as a beneficiary in his mother's will made in Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, in June 1783. He was left a one-third share of her estate.
In 1790 Reuben was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, one boy, and three females.13
Reuben was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in WarrenG.14
Reuben's widow Mercy made her will in Sharon, ConnecticutG, on 16 October 1804. Beneficiaries were her children, named as Samuel, Aroon, Sirus, Alexander, Anar Williams, Lucinda Fuller, and Voilet Beats. The first three, Samuel, Aaron, and Cyrus, were living some way away and would receive their inheritance if they returned and made claim within five years.
Date: 16 Oct 1804.
Testatrix: Mercy Sackett of town of Warren, county of Litchfield.
Samuel, Aaron, & Cyrus, being at a great distance, half estate if they return and claim within 5 years.
Son Alexander, Aner Williams, Lucinda Fuller, Violet Bates, $1.68 each. Aner, Lucinda, & Violet to share equally other half if Samuel, Aaron, & Cyrus make no claim.
204. Reuben Sacket, 1732–1803, of Hebron and East Greenwich, in Conn., son of (47) Jonathan and Ann Filer Sacket, was married, Dec. 21, 1752, to Mercy Finney, daughter of John Finney and Ann Toogood, of East Greenwich, Conn.
663. Alexander Sacket, b. Mar. 6, 1758, d. May 7, 1829; m. Patience.
664. Aaron Sacket, b. Dec. 26, 1760.
665. Cyrus Sacket, b. Jan. 5, 1764.
666. Anne Sacket, b. Apr. 10, 1766.
667. Lucinda Sacket, b. Jan 23, 1769.
668. Violet Sacket, b. July 18, 1771.
Children of Reuben Sacket and Mercy Finney
- Samuel Sackett MD+ b. 1 Apr 1754, d. 13 Feb 1833
- Alexander Sackett b. 6 Mar 1758, d. 17 Mar 1829
- Aaron Sackett+ b. 26 Dec 1760, d. 1827
- Cyrus Sackett+ b. 5 Jan 1764, d. 13 Jul 1846
- Aner Sackett b. 10 Apr 1766, d. after 1814
- Mercy Lucinda Sackett+ b. 23 Jan 1769, d. 16 Sep 1832
- Violitty Sackett+ b. 18 Jul 1771, d. 9 May 1807
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackit, Rubine, s. Jonathan, b. June 17, 1732. Hebron Vital Records, 1:13."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "204. Reuben Sacket, b. June 17, 1732, d. June 5, 1803; m. Mercy Finney."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Reuben, d. July 5, 1803, æ 71 years. Warren Vital Records, 1:140."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:12, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Reuben, died July 5, 1803, age 71 yrs."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Ruben, m. Marcy Finney, b. of Kent, Dec. 21, 1752, by Rev. Cyrus Marsh. Kent Vital Records, LR1:12."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (Boston: NEHGS), vol. 60 (1906): 70, Bristol Branch of the Finney Family, "Mercy [Finney], [d. John Finney & Ann Toogood], b. [Swansea, Mass.] Jan. 1, 1729–30; m. Dec. 21, 1752, Reuben Sacket of East Greenwich, now Warren, Conn."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920", database, Ancestry.com, Kent, 55:138, "Sackett, Reuben, m. Mercy Finney, of East Greenwich, in Kent, 21 Dec 1752, by Cyrus Marsh, Pastor. 1:101."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Marcy, w. Reuben, d. Jan. 23, 1805, æ 75 years. Warren Vital Records, 1:140."
- Website Sharon, Connecticut, Burying Grounds (Ancestry.com) (http://www.ancestry.com), The Sharon Burying Ground, "Sackett, Mrs. Marcy, widow of the late Reuben, of Warren, died Jan. 23, 1805, æ. 75."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 43:4, Inscription, Hillside Cemetery, Sharon, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Mary, wife of Reuben, died Jan 23, 1805, age 75 yrs."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, "Sackett, Reuben
Rank(s): Civil Service, Patriotic Service
Birth: 6-17-1732, Hebron, Hartford Co, Connecticut
Death: 6-5-1803, Warren, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Service Source: Ct Rev War Accts, 1st Ser, Vol 11, Doc 110a, Roll #36.15; Atwater, Hist of Kent, Ct, p 35
Service Description: Selectman & Member of Committee, Kent
Residence: Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Spouse: Mercy Finney."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "47. Jonathan Sacket, b. Mar. 20, 1696; d. Sept. 1, 1773; m. Ann Filer."
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Reuben Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 3 white females.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Reuben Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
|See also||Sackett letters, Yuma Territorial Prison Museum collection|
Thurmon King's Database, 3799
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 1
|Last Edited||29 Jul 2021|