Samuel Sacket MD1
|Father||Reuben Sacket (1732-1803)|
|Mother||Mercy Finney (1729/30-1805)|
Samuel Sacket was an army surgeon during the American Revolutionary War, serving in Adjutant John Minten's 2nd Regiment.8,5
In 1790 Samuel was living in Spring Hill, Fayette County, PennsylvaniaG. In his household were one man, three boys, and four females.9
Dr. Sacket began the practice of his profession as a physician and surgeon in the Revolutionary Army. In 1781 he was at Uniontown, Fayette County, Penn., and seven years later settled permanently at Morgantown, in same county. He was a farmer as well as a physician, and the farm he then lived on was at a recent date in the possession of one of his descendants.
Children of Samuel Sacket MD and Sarah Manning
- Reuben T Sacket+ b. 16 Jan 1778, d. 24 Dec 1823
- David Filer Sackett MD+ b. 18 Jan 1780, d. 1864
- Betsey Sacket b. 4 Apr 1782
- Lucinda Sacket b. 5 Mar 1784
- Alexander Sacket b. 10 Jan 1786, d. c 1814
- Mary A Sacket b. 3 Sep 1788
- Anne Sacket b. 9 Nov 1790
- Lydia Sacket b. 22 Nov 1792
- Samuel Sackett+ b. 20 Sep 1795, d. 27 Apr 1860
- Sarah Sacket b. 20 Oct 1797, d. c 1870
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 662 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3803
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Research notes.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Samuel, Jr., s. Ruben & Marcy, b. Apr. 1, 1754. Kent Vital Records, LR1:12."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "662. Samuel Sacket, b. Apr. 5, 1754, d. Feb. 13, 1833; m. Sarah Manning."
- "Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Fayette County. Sackett, Dr Samuel, [b. blank], [d. blank], veteran of Revolutionary War, Army, service 1778 to 1781, Adj John Minten's 2nd Regt, rank Surgeon, Baptist Cemetery, Smithfield, Pa, section left front, 2 ft Stone G A R Marker, info from Miss Jane Brownfield, 7/2/34."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Samuel, m. Sarah Maning, Jan. 10, 1777, by Rev. Cotton Mather Smith. Kent Vital Records, 2:139."
- Email from Thurmon King to Sackett List.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Samuel
Service: Connecticut - Pennsylvania
Rank: Physician or Surgeon
Birth: 4-5-1754, East Greenwich, Connecticut
Death: 2-13-1833, Fayette Co, Pennsylvania
Pension Number: *S4811
Service Description: Surgeon Physician, Surgeon's Mate
Spouse: Sarah Manning."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Samuel Sackett. Springhill, Fayette, PA. 1 white male (16+), 3 white males under 16, and 4 white females.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||5 March 2018|