|Father||Reuben Sacket (1732-1803)|
|Mother||Mercy Finney (1729/30-1805)|
Alexander Sackett served in the American Revolutionary War with the rank of Sergeant.
In 1790 Alexander was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, one boy, and two females.5
Alexander was listed in the census in 1800 and 1810 as a householder in WarrenG.6,7
Alexander was named as a beneficiary in his mother's will made in Sharon, ConnecticutG, on 16 October 1804.
Alexander was a pew holder in the Congregational Church, WarrenG, in 1816 and in 1822.8
663. Alexander Sacket, 1758–1829, of Hebron, East Greenwich, and Warren, in Conn., son of (204) Reuben and Mercy Finney Sacket, was married to Patience ___, 1761–1829. He was a Revolutionary soldier. The records of Connecticut troops show that he was a fifer in Capt. Joseph Carter's Company of the 13th Connecticut Regiment, in August and September, 1776; that he was a sergeant in Capt. Olmstead's Company, of Col. Enos' Regiment, from June to September in 1778, serving at Fort Montgomery and West Point, and was also a sergeant in Capt. Mix's Company attached to regiment commanded by Col. Increase Moseley.
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Alexander, s. Reuben & Mercy, b. Mar. 6, 1758. Kent Vital Records, 1:8."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "663. Alexander Sacket, b. Mar. 6, 1758, d. May 7, 1829; m. Patience."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:12, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Alexander, died Mar 17, 1829, age 71 yrs."
Litchfield Enquirer, 9 Apr 1829, "Sacket, Alexander, Warren, age 70."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Alexander Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 2 white females.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Alexr Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Alexander Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956 (1956), 19–20, "List of Pew Holders in Old Meeting House, 1816 [included] Justus Sackett, Moses Sackett, Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Alexander Sackett, Aaron Sackett."
21, "Adjustments to the seating were often necessary, perhaps to satisfy the complaints of disgruntled parishioners. For example: "Voted to move ... Esq. Sackett and Capt. Carter to the East side of the Great Door ... Alexander Sackett and Sylvester Finney to the South East Piller Pue ...."
39–40, "List of Pew Holders in New Meeting House, 1822 [included] Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Justus Sackett, Aaron Sackett, Moses Sackett, Alexander Sackett."
|See also||Sackett letters, Yuma Territorial Prison Museum collection|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||31 Jul 2021|