|Father||John Sacket (1660-1745)|
|Mother||Mahitable (Danks) Harris (c 1675-1744)|
Eliakim made his will at WestfieldG on 5 July 1764, naming as beneficiaries his wife Bethesda, his sons Justus, Stephen, Ezra and Pliny, and his daughters Rhoda, Mercy, Eunice, Sarah and Molly. His wife Bethesda and son Justus were appointed executors. He left £450 to his wife Bethesda and to each of his sons, Stephen, Ezra, and Pliny, £410 to his son Justus, and £100 to each of his daughters, Rhoda, Mercy, Eunice, Sarah, and Molly, the sums to be adjusted proportionately according to the value of his estate.
Date: 5 Jul 1764.
Source: Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
Wife Bethesda, £450.
Son Stephen, £450.
Son Ezra, £450.
Son Pliney, £450.
Daughter Rhoda Ashley, £100 less amount already received.
Daughter Mercy, £100 & 10 sheep.
Daughter Eunice, £100.
Daughter Sarah, £100.
Daughter Molly, £100.
Son Justice, £400 plus £10.
Executors: Wife Bethesda and son Justice.
Children of Eliakim Sacket and Bethesda Fowler
- Eliakim Sacket b. 30 Nov 1737, d. 26 Aug 1758
- Rhoda Sacket+ b. 21 Dec 1740
- Mercy Sacket+ b. 25 Nov 1742
- Justus Sacket+ b. 14 Oct 1745, d. 6 Feb 1778
- Stephen Sacket+ b. 23 May 1748, d. 10 Jan 1830
- Ezra Sacket+ b. 15 Nov 1750, d. 6 Apr 1834
- Pliny Sacket+ b. 24 May 1753, d. 8 Oct 1830
- Eunice Sacket+ b. 19 Feb 1756
- Sarah Sacket b. 29 Aug 1758
- Molly Sacket b. 23 Nov 1761
42. Eliakim Sacket, 1712–1764, of Westfield, Mass., son of (8) John and Mahitable Danks (Harris) Sacket, was married July 5, 1738, to Bethesda Fowler, 1717– ?, daughter of Samuel Fowler and his wife Maria Root*. The following is a
Imprimus, I give to my beloved wife Bethesda Sacket Four Hundred and Fifty Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved son Stephen Sacket Four Hundred and Fifty Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved son Ezra Sacket Four Hundred and Fifty Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved son Pliney Sacket Four Hundred and Fifty Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Rhoda Ashley, with what she has already had, One Hundred Pounds, that is to say with what she has had to make the hundred pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Mercy Sacket One Hundred Pounds, which hundred pounds is to rise and fall with her brothers and sisters as my estate may be after my debts are paid, also ten sheep.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Eunice Sacket One Hundred Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Sarah Sacket One Hundred Pounds.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Molly Sacket One Hundred Pounds.
And so in proportion my will is that my several children shall have more or less according as my estate shall inventory after my just debts are paid, excepting the ten sheep which I give to my daughter Mercy, and also Ten pounds which I give as an addition to my son Justice's portion of four hundred pounds.
I now constitute and appoint my beloved wife Bethesda Sacket, and my son Justice Sacket my executors of this my last Will and Testament * * hereby utterly disallowing all and every former Will and Testament.
187. Rhoda Sacket, b. Dec. 21, 1740; m. Josiah Ashley.
188. Mercy Sacket, b. Nov. 25, 1742; m. Oliver Weller.
189. Justice Sacket, b. Oct. 14, 1745, d. in year 1778; m. Naomi Weller.
190. Stephen Sacket, b. May 23, 1748, d. in year 1830; m. Emma Ross.
191. Ezra Sacket, b. Nov. 15, 1750, d. in year 1834; m. Lydia Lovering.
192. Pliny Sacket, b. May 24, 1753; m. Elisabeth Kellogg.
193. Eunice Sacket, b. Feb. 19, 1756; m. (170) Israel Sacket.
194. Sarah Sacket, b. Aug. 29, 1758; m. Elna Hoyt.
195. Molly Sacket, b. Nov. 23, 1761.
[*Bethesda's parents were Samuel Fowler and Mercy ___.]
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2150|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Israel Sacket & Eunice Sacket relationship chart
John Noah Sackett & Francelia L Sackett relationship chart
Thanet DNA chart 1
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "42. Eleakim [sic] Sacket, b. Mar 12, 1712, d. in 1764; m. Bethesda Fowler."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:23.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Eliakim, s. John Jr. & Mehitable (Marris) b. Apr. 12, 1712."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1712 Sacket, Eliakim s. John & Mehetabel, 2 mo 20 d."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:231.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Eliakim, m. Bethesday Fowler, July 5, 1738, d. July 7, 1764."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Eliakim Sacket of W. and Bethesday Fowler of W; m. July 5, 1738."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Hewit Root (Roott) of Great Barrington & Bethesday Sacket of W; m. Oct. 12, 1777."
|Last Edited||24 July 2020|