|Father||John Sackett (1632-1719)|
|Mother||Abigail Hannum (1640-1690)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 10 May 1718.
History of Westfield
John Sacket is included in Lockwood's Westfield History in a list (with his father, also John, and brother William) of townsmen of Westfield who had taken the oath of allegiance to the King.
He is also mentioned in a business account contained in a letter from Rev Samual Mather, pastor of the church in Windsor, Conn. to Rev Edward Taylor, pastor of the church in Westfield.
There are other references in Lockwood to John Sacket but, as they do not specify "Jr", they are taken to refer to his father, John Sackett Sr.12
8. John Sacket, 1660–1745. of Weathersfield, Mass., son of (4) John and Abigail Hannum Sacket, was married, Dec. 1, 1686, to Deborah Filley, 1661-1701, daughter of William Filley and his wife Margaret, of Windsor, Conn. On May 17, 1702, he was married by Joseph Haley, Justice of the Peace, to Mahitable Danks, widow of John Harris and daughter of Robert Danks and his wife Elizabeth Swift.
34. Abigail Sacket, b. Oct. 16, 1690, d; m. Capt. Griswold.
35. Daniel Sacket, b. Aug. 14, 1693, d. Feb. 9 1776; m. Mary Weller.
36. David Sacket, b. July 7, 1696.
37. Benjamin Sacket, b. Oct. 31, 1698, d. 1753; m. (62) Thankful King.
38. Deborah Sacket, b. Nov. 16, 1701.
40. Ezra Sacket, b. in 1704, d. May 13, 1706.
41. Israel Sacket, b. Mar 6, 1706, d. in 1786.
42. Eleakim (sic) Sacket, b. Mar 12, 1712, d. in 1764; m. Bethesda Fowler.
43. Mary Sacket, b. Mar 5, 1715.
Children of John Sacket and Deborah Filley
Children of John Sacket and Mahitable (Danks) Harris
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "8. John Sacket, b. Nov. 4, 1660; d. Dec. 20, 1745; m. Deborah Filley."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society), birth, p.7, "Saccot, John, births in 1660, (4) of Noueme John son of John and Abigall Saccot was Borne"; p. 8, "Saccot, John, s. John & Abigall, Nov. (4) 1660"; p.9, "Sacket, John, s. John & Abigall Hannum, Nov. 4 1660."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:23.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, John, Jr. m. Mehitable Danks, May 17, 1703, d. Dec. 20, 1745."
"Sacket, Mehitable, w. John, Jr. m. May 17, 1705, d. Nov.--, 1744."
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, "John Sackett, wife Deborah; chn. John, b. March 3, 1688; Abigail, b. Oct. 16, 1690; Daniel, b. Aug. 14, 1693; David, b. July 7, 1696; Benjamin, b. Oct. 30, 1698; Deborah, b. Nov. 16, 1701. Mrs. D. Sachett d. Nov. 20, 1701. Mr. S. m. again, had several children, d. Dec. 20, 1745."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackit, John, of Westfield, m. Deborah Filley, of Windsor, Dec. 1, 1686. Windsor Vital Records, 1:61."
- "Torrey’s New England Marriages Prior to 1700", database, American Ancestors, "John [Sackett] (1660–1745), Westfield & 1/wf Deborah Filley (16611–701); 1 Dec 1686; Windsor, CT/Westfield/Wethersfield. "
- Clarence Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Deborah, m. John, Jr. d. Nov. 20, 1701."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "John Sacket Jr. of W. and Wid. Mehitable Harris of W; m. May 17, 1703."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Massachusetts.
- John (Rev) Lockwood, Westfield and Its Historic Influences 1669-1919, published by the author (1922).
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 7|
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||23 Feb 2021|