|Father||Eliakim Sacket (1712-1764)|
|Mother||Bethesda Fowler (1717-)|
Stephen was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 5 July 1764. He was left a sum of £450.
In 1790 Stephen was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG. In his household were two men, one boy, and four females.10
Stephen was listed in the census in 1800, 1810, and 1820 as a householder in WestfieldG.11,12,13
Stephen made his will in WestfieldG on 5 October 1829, naming as beneficiaries his wife Eunice, son Stephen Jr, daughters, Eunice Grant, Hannah King, and Sally Morse, daughter-in-law Tryphena Sacket, and grandchildren, Hannah Noble, Elizabeth Sacket, Francis Sacket, Daniel Sacket, Eunice Morse, Hannah Morse, Ester Morse, and Theophilus Morse. He appointed his son-in-law Erastus Grant executor. The will was proved at the Springfield court on 2 March 1830.
Date: 5 Oct 1829.
Proved: Springfield, 2 Mar 1830.
Wife Eunice, for ever: all household furniture, all provisions including cattle, horse, sheep, swine, poultry, my waggon, sleigh, & harnesses; during lifetime: the homestead, including all buildings, the mowing of 5 acres, two adjoining pastures of 3 acres & 5 acres, & 5 acres of woodland.
Eldest son Stephen, $100 + share of estate already received.
Two eldest daughters, Eunice Grant & Hannah King, $600 each + shares of estate already received.
Grandchild Hannah Noble, dau. of Stephen Jr, $40 & a feather bed.
Grandchild Elizabeth Sacket, dau. of Stephen Jr, $100 & a feather bed.
Francis Sacket, son of Stephen Jr, $50.
Tryphena Sacket, relict of Daniel Sacket, that part of farm previously occupied by Daniel, bounded north & east by land of Ezra Sacket & south on line run by Wareham Shepard & Erastus Grant. Tryphena also to have my great Bible, 4 silver tea-spoons, & bed quilt.
Grandson Daniel Sacket, my brass eight-day clock.
Sally Morse, wife of Mason Morse, $1, which with what she has already received is to be her full share.
Grandchildren, Eunice Morse, Hannah Morse, Ester Morse, & Theophilus Morse, children of Mason & Sally Morse, $50 each.
(Complicated provisions for payment of money legacies in land equivalent & for re-allocation of amounts if estate value is insufficient.)
Executor: Erastus Grant .
Witnesses: Elijah Bates, James Sikes, Squire Loomis.
190. Stephen Sacket, 1748–1830, of Westfield, Mass., son of (42) Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married in 1776 to Eunice Ross.
602. Eunice Sacket, b. Apr. 25, 1779, d. Aug. 19, 1859; m. Erastus Grant.
Children of Stephen Sacket and Eunice Ross
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "190. Stephen Sacket, b. May 23, 1748, d. in year 1830; m. Emma Ross."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:231.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Stephen, s. Eliakim & Bethesday (Fowler) b. May 23, 1748."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1748 Sacket, Stephen s. Eliakim & Bethesda, July 10."
- "Westfield, MA: Deaths in the First Church, 1728–1836", digital image, American Ancestors, "1830 Jan. 10 Stephen Sacket 84 years."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:125, 28 October 1776 marriage intentions filed, Stephen Sacket & Eunice Ross.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Stephen Sacket of W. and Eunis Ross of W; m. [date blank]."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Westfield, MA: Deaths in the First Church, 1728–1836", digital image, American Ancestors, "1830 Feb. 15 Wid. of Stephen Sacket 83 years."
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Stephen Sacket. Westfield, Hampshire, MA. 2 white males (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 4 white females.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Stephen Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Stephen Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Stephen Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2270|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
John Noah Sackett & Francelia L Sackett relationship chart
|Last Edited||28 May 2022|