|Father||Samuel Sacket (1674-1709)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Bissell (c 1675-)|
A William Sacket, of Westfield, recorded in 1755 as the owner of slaves named Occara and Present and of slave children Agnis and Thomar, was probably this William Sacket, or possibly his son William.10
William was named as a beneficiary in his grandfather John Sackett's will made in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 10 May 1718.
Children of William Sacket and Hannah Bagg
57. William Sacket, 1700–1755, of Westfield, Mass., son of (14) Samuel and Elisabeth Bissell Sacket, was married in April, 1724, to Hannah Bagg.
Imprimus, I give and bequeath unto Hannah my beloved wife the improvements of one third of my real estate so long as she remains my widow, and one third of all my personal estate for her disposal forever, and also my riding horse and mare over and above what has been given.
Item, I give unto my daughter Hannah Noble my farm at Munhard River, by David and Solomon Root farm, containing about fifty or sixty acres, and also fifteen pounds lawful money.
Item, I give unto my son William Sacket. all the remainder of my estate real and personal.
Item, I now constitute and appoint my son William Sacket, sole executor of this my last Will and Testament.
226. Moses Sacket, b. Dec. 15, 1727. d. Oct. 10, 1743, unmarried.
227. William Sacket, b. Sept. 1730, d. in year 1802; m. Lydia Weller.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 48|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
John Noah Sackett & Francelia L Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "57. William Sacket, b. in 1700, d. in 1756; m. Hannah Bagg."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, William, s. Samuell & Elizabeth, b. Dec. 9, 1700 ."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1700 Sacket, William s. Samuel & Elizabeth, 10 mo 22 d."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, 57. William Sacket, b. in 1700, d. in 1756; m. Hannah Bagg.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:172.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, William, d. Apr. 14, 1755."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:172, 21 March 1724 Marriage intentions filed: William Sacket & Hannah Bagg.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "William Sacket of W. and Hannah Bagg of W; m. [date blank]."
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Negroes, Agnis, d. Occara & Wm. Sacket, b. Mar. 30, 1755
Negroes, Thomar, d. Occara & Present (Servants to Wm. Sacket) b. [blank]."
|Last Edited||20 June 2019|