|Father||Lieutenant Joseph Sackett (1659/60-1729)|
|Mother||Sarah Dennison (1671-before 1718)|
Children of Joseph Sackett and ___ ___
Children of Joseph Sackett and Abigail (Rowe) Ives
81. Joseph Sackett, 1712–17_?, of New Haven, Conn., son of (20) Lieut. Joseph and Hannah Denison Sackett. By the terms of his will which is recorded in probate office at Poughkeepsie, he bequeaths all of his property in Dutchess County to his son Samuel, who is supposed to have been the first of his line to settle in Dutchess County.
277. Reuben Sackett.
278. Joseph Sackett.
279. Hester Sackett, b. in 1743, d. May 6, 1816.
280. Samuel Sackett, b. in 1747, d. Aug. 20, 1816; m. Thankful Wood.
|Sackett line||Grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 8773|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
New Haven DNA chart 1
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 115, "Joseph Ye son of Lt Joseph Sacket was born October 27th 1712."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Joseph, s. Lieut. Joseph, b. Oct. 27, 1712. New Haven Vital Records, 1:203."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "81. Joseph Sackett, b. Oct. 27, 1712."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), pp 1583–8, "Joseph, b 27 Oct 1712 NHV; rem. to Nine Partners, N.Y.; ; m after 1742 Abigail da. Matthew & Rebecca (Mix) Rowe, wid. Stephen Ives, b 17 Jan 1712/3 NHV."
- Weygant, Sacketts of America, lists a Sarah, daughter of Joseph Sackett and an unnamed mother. No other details are given. Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, identifies this Sarah as possibly the Sarah Sackett who married Samuel Gilbert in 1750. Based on her age, 86, on death in February 1818, Sarah was born in about 1731. Her father Joseph was then 19.
|Last Edited||31 August 2019|