|Father||Gad Sacket (1748-after 1820)|
|Mother||Lucy Williams (c 1754-1807)|
In 1850 Russell's widow Polly was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Polly Sacket, aged 60, and born in Massachusetts. Living with her were her children, Mercy (36), and Charles (27), and [?grandson] William Sacket (11.)7,8
In 1860 she was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in the household of her son Roland, and was recorded as Polly Sacket, houseworker, aged 72, and born in Massachusetts.9
In 1870 she was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in the household of her daughter Mercy, and was recorded as Polla Sackett, aged 83, and born in Massachusetts.10
510. Russell Sacket, 1782–1839, of Westfield, Mass., son of (171) Gad and Lucy Williams Sacket, was married in 1808 to Mary Brass, 1787–1870, daughter of Henry Brass.
1141. Mercy Sacket, d. unmarried.
1142. Caleb Sacket, b. in 1815, d. in 1882; m. Jerusha Blood.
1143. Juliet Sacket, m. George Dow.
1144. Henry Sacket, b. in 1819; m. Sophia Hunter.
1145. Lemuel Sacket.
1146. Charles Sacket, m. Jane Furrow.
1147. Eliza Ann Sacket.
1148. Rowland Sacket, b. July 13, 1827, d. Feb. 5, 1868; m. Chloe B. Stebbins.
1149. Joseph L. Sacket.
1150. Seth Sacket, b. in 1831, d. in 1891; m. Elia R. Smith.
Children of Russell Sacket and Polly Brass
- (male child) Sacket b. 1809, d. 7 Apr 1810
- Lucy Sacket b. 17 Dec 1811, d. 3 Dec 1881
- Mercy Sacket+ b. c 1814
- Caleb Sacket+ b. 1815, d. 1882
- Julia E Sacket b. c 1817
- Henry Sacket+ b. 1819
- Lemuel Sacket+ b. 27 May 1821, d. 22 Nov 1857
- Charles Sacket b. c 1822
- Eliza Ann Sacket b. c 1826
- Joseph L Sacket b. after 1827
- Rowland Sacket b. 13 Jul 1827, d. 5 Feb 1868
- Seth Sacket b. 30 Sep 1831, d. 17 Nov 1881
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "510. Russell Sacket, b. in 1782, d. in 1839; m. Mary Brass."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:209.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Russel, s. Gad & Lucy Williams, b. Nov. 25, 1782."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:304.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Russell Sacket of W. and Polly Brass of W; m. Mar. 31, 1808."
- Website Marriage Records of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1781–1835 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1808 Russel Sacket of Westfield & Polly Brass of Westfield."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/227
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Polly Sacket, 60, b. MA
Mercy Sacket, 36, b. MA
Charles Sacket, 27, whips, b. MA
William Sacket, 11, b. MA.
- The 11-year-old William was possibly an illegitimate son of Mercy.
- 1860 Census for United States, M653_502/839/33
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Edmond Cooley, 51, laborer, $-, $50, b. Conn
Sophiona Cooley, 51, b. VT
Malissa Cooley, 28, whips, b. NY
Lewis J Cooley, 17, laborer, b. NY
Valorous Cooley, 15, male, R Road, b. NY
Lydia Sacket, 40, washer woman, $-, $50, b. Mass
Fanny Sacket, 2, b. Mass
Roland Sacket, 32, whip maker, $1,500, $150, b. Mass
Polly Sacket, 72, house work, b. Mass
Mercy Sacket, 44, whips, b. Mass
William W Halliday, 21, whips, b. Mass
Samuel J Sacket, 10, b. Mass.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/429
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Mercy, 57, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, William, 31, works in stall, b. Mass
Sackett, Clara, 6, attending school, $200, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Jasper, 4, at home, $200, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Polla, 83, no occupation, $1,500, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Eliza, 45, no occupation, b. Mass.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1095|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||21 Aug 2021|