|Father||Henry Brass (say 1765-)|
|Mother||Mercy Sacket (1768-1809)|
Polly was named as a beneficiary in her uncle Ozem Sacket's will made in WestfieldG on 13 March 1846. She was to receive a share calculated in the proportion of $25 of the estimated $2,300 total land value.7
In 1850 Polly was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Polly Sacket, aged 60, and born in Massachusetts. Living with her were her children, Mercy, 36, and Charles, 27, and a William Sacket, aged eleven.8,9
In 1860 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son Roland, and was recorded as Polly Sacket, houseworker, aged 72, and born in Massachusetts.10
In 1870 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her daughter Mercy, and was recorded as Polla Sackett, aged 83.11
Children of Polly Brass and Russel Sackett
- (male child) Sackett b. 1809, d. 7 Apr 1810
- Lucy Sackett b. 17 Dec 1811, d. 3 Dec 1881
- Mercy Sackett+ b. c 1814
- Caleb Sackett+ b. 1815, d. 1882
- Julia E Sackett b. c 1817
- Henry Sackett+ b. 1819, d. 12 Dec 1900
- Lemuel Sackett+ b. 27 May 1821, d. 22 Nov 1857
- Charles Sackett b. c 1822
- Eliza Ann Sackett b. c 1826
- Joseph L Sackett b. after 1827
- Rowland Sackett b. 13 Jul 1827, d. 5 Feb 1868
- Seth Sackett b. 30 Sep 1831, d. 17 Nov 1881
Notes & Citations
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Polly Brass, ch. Harry and Mercy, bp. Chester, 24 Aug 1794. C.R.I."
- Website Find a Grave.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "510. Russell Sacket, b. in 1782, d. in 1839; m. Mary Brass."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:304.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Russell Sacket of W. and Polly Brass of W; m. Mar. 31, 1808."
- "Westfield, MA: Marriage Records of the First Church, 1781–1835", database, American Ancestors, "1808 Russel Sacket of Westfield & Polly Brass of Westfield."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/227
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Polly Sacket, 60, b. MA
Mercy Sacket, 36, b. MA
Charles Sacket, 27, whips, b. MA
William Sacket, 11, b. MA.
- The 11-year-old William was possibly an illegitimate son of Mercy.
- 1860 Census for United States, M653_502/839/33
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Edmond Cooley, 51, laborer, $-, $50, b. Conn
Sophiona Cooley, 51, b. VT
Malissa Cooley, 28, whips, b. NY
Lewis J Cooley, 17, laborer, b. NY
Valorous Cooley, 15, male, R Road, b. NY
Lydia Sacket, 40, washer woman, $-, $50, b. Mass
Fanny Sacket, 2, b. Mass
Roland Sacket, 32, whip maker, $1,500, $150, b. Mass
Polly Sacket, 72, house work, b. Mass
Mercy Sacket, 44, whips, b. Mass
William W Halliday, 21, whips, b. Mass
Samuel J Sacket, 10, b. Mass.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/429
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Mercy, 57, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, William, 31, works in stall, b. Mass
Sackett, Clara, 6, attending school, $200, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Jasper, 4, at home, $200, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Polla, 83, no occupation, $1,500, $-, b. Mass
Sackett, Eliza, 45, no occupation, b. Mass.
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Russell Sacket & Polly Brass relationship chart
|Last Edited||28 Nov 2021|