|Father||William Sacket (1662-1700)|
|Mother||Hannah Graves (1665/66-after 1700)|
Children of Joseph Sacket and Abigail Bigelow
44. Joseph Sacket, 1690–1750, of Westfield, Mass., son of  William and Hannah Graves [Sacket], was married ___, to Abigail ___ who died in 1776.
Imprimus, I give and bequeath . . . to Abigail my beloved wife the use of one half of my house, barn, and home lot so long as she remains my widow, and also the use of my lot over the little river by the bridge the same term of her widowhood. Also I give her one bed and furniture such as she may choose to her disposal forever. Also I give her five pounds in movables out of the household furniture, such a she may choose to her disposal forever.
Item. I give unto my well beloved son Jesse Sacket, five shillings to be paid by my executors, also one half of my joiners tools.
Item. I give unto my well beloved son Erastus Sacket, five shillings, also one half of my joiners tools, and all my team tackling.
Item. I give unto my well beloved daughter Beulah Dewey, Eight Pounds to be paid by my executors and also one half of my movables in the house, and also one half of my live stock.
Item. I give unto my well beloved daughter Abigail Smith, Eight Pounds to be paid by my executors, and also one half of my movables in the house, and also one half of my live stock.
I do appoint ordain and constitute Erastus Sacket to be my executor of this my last Will and Testament.
197. Jesse Sacket, b. Nov. 9, 1716; m. Sarah Dewey.
198. Erastus Sacket, m. Elizabeth Leonard.
199. Hannah Sacket, b. Oct. 10, 1726, d. Oct. 13, 1799; m. Jacob Noble.
200. Abigail Sacket, m. ___ Smith.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2518|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 1
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "44. Joseph Sacket, b. May 1690, d. in 1756; m. Abigail ___."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Massachusetts, Weygant has May 1690.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, William Sackett, m. Hannah Cram, Nov. 27, 1689; chn. Joseph, b. July 25, 1690; Hannah, b. Aug. 15, 1692; Rebecca, b. Sept. 16, 1694; Jonathan, b. March 20, 1696. Mr. W Sacket d. March 28, 1700. [The name Hannah Cram appears to be a transcription error for Hannah Graves. The Westfield records have Hannah Graves. Weygant records a first wife Sarah Crain, and there may have been confusion between the two marriages.]
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Joseph, s. William & Hanah (Graves) b. July 25, 1690."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1690 Sacket, Joseph s. William & Hannah, 5 mo 27 d."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:130.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Joseph, w. Abigail d. Feb. 28, 1776, d. Nov. 8, 1756."
- Date of marriage based on birth date of first child.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Abigail, w. Joseph, d. Feb. 28, 1776."
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||20 June 2019|