|Father||William Sacket (1662-1700)|
|Mother||Hannah Graves (1665/66-after 1700)|Rebecca Sacket
, daughter of William Sacket
and Hannah Graves
, was born in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG
, on 16 September 16941,2,3,4
and baptized at the Church of Christ, WestfieldG
, on the same day.5
She died aged 87 in WestfieldG
on 15 September 1782.3,6,7
She married in WestfieldG
on 8 July 1714, Thomas Ashley
, son of David Ashley
II and Mary Dewey
Thomas died in WestfieldG
on 25 August 1755.7
There were no children of the marriage.
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, William Sackett, m. Hannah Cram, Nov. 27, 1689; chn. Joseph, b. July 25, 1690; Hannah, b. Aug. 15, 1692; Rebecca, b. Sept. 16, 1694; Jonathan, b. March 20, 1696. Mr. W Sacket d. March 28, 1700. [The name Hannah Cram appears to be a transcription error for Hannah Graves. The Westfield records have Hannah Graves. Weygant records a first wife Sarah Crain, and there may have been confusion between the two marriages.]
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "46. Rebecca Sacket, b. Sept. 18, 1694, d. Sept. 15, 1782; m. T. Dewey." [Westfield Town Records have b. Sept. 16, 1694 & m. T Ashley, not T Dewey]
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Rabecka, d. William & Hanah (Graves) b. Sept. 16, 1694."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1694 Sacket, Rebecka d. William & Hannah, 7 mo 16 d."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:75.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Ashley, Rebecca (Sacket), w. Thomas, m. July 8, 1714, d. Sept. 15, 1782."
"Ashley, Thomas, m. Rebecca Sacket July 8, 1714, d. Aug. 25, 1755."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Thomas Asnley [Ashley] of W. and Rebeca Sacket of W; m. July 8, 1714 ."
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2019|