|Father||Deacon & Captain Justus Sacket (1729/30-1815)|
|Mother||Lydia Newcomb (c 1731-1808)|
Benjamin Sacket served as a private in the American Revolutionary War.5
In 1790 Benjamin was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, three boys, and three females.6
Benjamin was listed in the census in 1800 and 1810 as a householder in WarrenG.7,8
Benjamin was a pew holder in the Congregational Church, WarrenG, in 1816 and in 1822.9
Children of Benjamin Sackett and Betsey Eldred
- Justus Sackett+ b. 30 Aug 1784, d. 5 Apr 1846
- Achsah Sackett b. 21 Jan 1786, d. 23 Nov 1831
- Myron Sackett+ b. 13 Feb 1787, d. 8 Nov 1849
- Simmons Sackett+ b. 8 Dec 1788, d. 19 Sep 1863
- Lydia Sackett b. 1 Nov 1790
- Clark Sackett+ b. 4 Feb 1793, d. Jun 1864
- Moses Sackett+ b. 21 May 1795, d. 25 Apr 1871
- Joanna Sackett b. 2 Jul 1797
- Benjamin Sackett+ b. 29 Aug 1799, d. 16 Nov 1885
- Orphey Sackett+ b. 6 Jul 1801, d. 28 Oct 1885
- Minerva Sackett b. 5 Dec 1803, d. c 1853
Child of Benjamin Sackett and Mary Gaylord
- Frances A Sackett b. 31 Aug 1820, d. 29 Sep 1852
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Benjamin, s. [Justice & Lyddia], b. July 28, 1762. Kent Vital Records, 1:10."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Benjamin, m. Bette Eldred, Nov. 21, 1782, by Rev. Peter Starr. Kent Vital Records, 2:164."
- Birthplace CT from 1880 census record for son Benjamin.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Benjamin
Birth: 7-28-1762, Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Death: 7-14-1844, Warren, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Pension Number: *W1940
Service Source: *W1940
Service Description: 1) Capts Olmsted, Sturtevant, Cols Enos; 2) Canfield
Residence: Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Spouse: 1) Betsey Eldred, 2) Mercy/Mary Gaylord."
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Benjamin Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 3 white males under 16, and 3 white females.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Benjn Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Benjamin Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956 (1956), 19–20, "List of Pew Holders in Old Meeting House, 1816 [included] Justus Sackett, Moses Sackett, Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Alexander Sackett, Aaron Sackett."
39–40, "List of Pew Holders in New Meeting House, 1822 [included] Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Justus Sackett, Aaron Sackett, Moses Sackett, Alexander Sackett."
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 655 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3021
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 Apr 2021|