|Father||Deacon & Captain Justus Sacket (1729/30-1815)|
|Mother||Lydia Newcomb (c 1731-1808)|
Benjamin Sacket served as a private in the American Revolutionary War.5
In 1790 Benjamin was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, three boys, and three females.6
Benjamin was a pew holder in the Congregational Church, WarrenG, in 1816 and in 1822.7
Children of Benjamin Sackett and Betsey Eldred
- Justus Sackett+ b. 30 Aug 1784, d. 5 Apr 1846
- Achsah Sackett b. 21 Jan 1786, d. 23 Nov 1831
- Myron Sackett+ b. 13 Feb 1787, d. 1849
- Simmons Sackett+ b. 8 Dec 1788, d. 19 Sep 1863
- Lydia Sackett b. 1 Nov 1790
- Clark Sackett+ b. 4 Feb 1793, d. Jun 1864
- Moses Sackett+ b. 21 May 1795, d. 25 Apr 1871
- Joanna Sackett b. 2 Jul 1797
- Benjamin Sackett+ b. 29 Aug 1799, d. 16 Nov 1885
- Orphea Sackett b. 6 Jul 1801, d. 28 Oct 1885
- Minerva Sackett b. 5 Dec 1803, d. c 1853
Child of Benjamin Sackett and Mary Gaylord
- Frances A Sackett b. 31 Aug 1820, d. 29 Sep 1852
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 655 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3021
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Benjamin, s. [Justice & Lyddia], b. July 28, 1762. Kent Vital Records, 1:10."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Benjamin, m. Bette Eldred, Nov. 21, 1782, by Rev. Peter Starr. Kent Vital Records, 2:164."
- Birthplace CT from 1880 census record for son Benjamin.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Benjamin
Birth: 7-28-1762, Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Death: 7-14-1844, Warren, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Pension Number: *W1940
Service Source: *W1940
Service Description: 1) Capts Olmsted, Sturtevant, Cols Enos; 2) Canfield
Residence: Kent, Litchfield Co, Connecticut
Spouse: 1) Betsey Eldred, 2) Mercy/Mary Gaylord."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Benjamin Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 3 white males under 16, and 3 white females.
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956 (1956), 19–20, "List of Pew Holders in Old Meeting House, 1816 [included] Justus Sackett, Moses Sackett, Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Alexander Sackett, Aaron Sackett."
39–40, "List of Pew Holders in New Meeting House, 1822 [included] Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Justus Sackett, Aaron Sackett, Moses Sackett, Alexander Sackett."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||29 April 2019|