|Father||Ezekiel Sacket (1738-1820)|
|Mother||Anne Grainger (c 1744-1838)|
Menardus was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in WestfieldG.5
Menardus was settled in Turin, Lewis County, New York StateG, by 1807 when he was listed in a census of electors there.6 In 1810 he was listed in Lewis CountyG, in 1820 in Turin, Lewis County, and in 1830 in Martinsburg, Lewis County.7,8,9
Menardus's wife Fanny was named as first beneficiary in the will of their son Porter made in Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi, in about 1837. If she predeceased Porter, the estate, which comprised promissory notes totalling some $1,000, would go to Menardus. In the event, the will was evidently mislaid and Porter's brother Corydon was appointed administrator of the estate by the Adams County Probate Court on 30 April 1939, the court having been informed that Porter had died intestate.10
In 1850 Menardus was living in Cape Vincent, Jefferson County, New York StateG, in the household of his son Gideon and daughter-in-law Fanny, and was recorded in the census as Menardus Sackett, aged 79.11
A fragment of the gravestone of Fanny wife of Menardus is inscribed "æ 11 Yrs". This may refer to another, unidentified, child.
559. Menardus Sacket, about 1770–1854, of Westfield, Mass., and Cape Vincent, N. Y., son of (180) Ezekiel and Anna Granger Sacket, was married, in 1791, to Fanny Nimocks, 1773–___, daughter of Richard Nimocks and his wife Zerviah Noble.
1241. George Sacket, m. Eliza A Peake.
1242. Porter Sacket.
1243. Corydon Sacket.
1244. Ezekiel Sacket.
1245. Frances Sacket, b. June 27, 1789 [sic: 1798], d. Sept. 7, 1858; m. Walter Noble.
(Src: Find a Grave, David J Schryver)
Children of Menardus Sacket and Fanny Nimocks
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "559. Menardus Sacket, b. about 1770, d. in year 1854; m. Fanny Nimocks."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:130.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Manadas, s. Ezekial & Anne Grainger, b. Dec. 3, 1770."
- Find a Grave.
- 1800 United States census
"Manarda Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- Franklin Benjamin Hough, History of Lewis County, New York, D Mason & Co, Syracuse, NY (1883), digital image, Internet Archive (archive.org), p 506-507 Census of Electors in Turin in 1807. Sacket, Monardus [sic].
- 1810 United States census
"Manardus Sacket, Lewis County, New York."
- 1820 United States census
"Manardus Sacket, Turin, Lewis County, New York State."
- 1830 United States census
"Manardus Sacket, Martinsburg, Lewis County, New York State."
- "Mississippi, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1780-1982" (Ancestry image).
- 1850 United States census
Roll 514, p 399b
Cape Vincent, Jefferson, New York, 17 Aug 1850
Sackett, Gideon S, 57, physician, real estate $3000, b. MA
Sackett, Fanny, 54, b. MA
Sackett, Julia, 17, b. NY
Sackett, Theophilus, 15, b. NY
Sackett, Fanny, 2, b. NY
Sackett, Menardus, 79, b. MA
Loner?, Thomas, 16, b. Ireland.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||18 Sep 2022|