Lieutenant David Sacket
|Father||Isaac Sacket (1702/3-1773)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Shepard (1712-)|
David Sacket served during the American Revolutionary War with Massachusetts State troops, seeing action in numerous battles, including Bunker Hill and Trenton.
In 1790 David was living in Blandford, Hampshire County, MassachusettsG. In his household were one white male (16+), two white males under 16, five white females, and one other free person.10
In 1810 he was a householder in BlandfordG.11
He was listed in the census in 1820 and 1830 as a householder in Denmark, OhioG.12,13
182. Ensign David Sacket, 1743–1838, of Westfield, Mass., and later of Ohio, son of (39) Isaac and Elisabeth Shepard Sacket, was married to Lucretia Shepard. His record in the War of the Revolution reads:
564. Lucretia Sacket.
565. Lydia Sacket, m. Warren Parke.
566. Polly Sacket, m. ___ Gibb.
567. Mark Sacket.
568. John Sacket.
569. David Sacket, m. Anne Parke.
Children of Lieutenant David Sacket and Lucretia Shepard
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:221.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "182. David Sacket, b. Aug. 19, 1743, d. 1838; m. Lucretia Shepard."
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, David, s. Isaac & Elizabeth (Shepard) b. Aug. 19, 1743."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1744 Sacket, David s. Isaac & Elizabeth, Feb. 5."
- Emails from Patty Chrisman to Chris Sackett, August 1998.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, Lucretia Shepard is recorded in The Sacketts of America as the wife of David Sacket but is not recorded as a Sackett descendant in her own right.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:210.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "David Sacket of W. and Lucretia Shepard of W; m. Apr. 23, 1773."
- John (Rev) Lockwood, Westfield and Its Historic Influences 1669-1919, published by the author (1922), “22 [Apr 1773]. Was at Deacon Shepards, at his son Johns, Married his daughter Lucretia to David Sacket. Lucretia has just entered her 16th year. Received 6/-.” [Entry from journal of the Third Minister of the Congregational Church in Westfield, Rev John Ballantine.] [Note: Westfield VRs show 23 Apr 1773].
- 1790 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Lieut David Sacket. Blandford, Hampshire, MA. 1 white male (16+), 1 white male under 16, 1 white female, and 1 other free person.
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "David Sacket, Blanford, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, 1 male under 10, 1 male 45+, 2 females 10-15, 1 female 16-25, 1 female 45+."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "David Sackett, Denmark, Ashtabula County, Ohio."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "D Sacket, Denmark, Ashtabula County, Ohio."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1621|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Lieut David Sackett & Lucretia Shepard relationship chart
|Last Edited||21 Aug 2021|