In The Sacketts of America Thomas Sackett is shown as the son of Simon Sackett (1678–1718) and Mary McGaw. Later research, specifically the detail of Simon's will, indicates that this was not the case.
Although the identity of Thomas's parents has not yet been ascertained, DNA test results indicate that he was almost certainly a descendant of Simon Sackett the colonist.
Children of Thomas Sackett and Sarah Haywood
82. Thomas Sackett, of Hopewell, N. J., Williamsport, Md., and Cumberland County, Penn., son of (22) Simon Sackett, was married at Hopewell, N. J., to Sarah Haywood, daughter of Zackerias Haywood.
282. Azariah Sackett, m. Elizabeth Young.
283. Joseph Sackett.
284. Amos Sackett; m. Polly Phillips.
285. Lavisiona Sackett; m. ___ Flemming.
286. Bathsheba Sackett, m. Joseph Eaton.
287. Sarah Sackett.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 5562|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Thanet DNA chart 6
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "82. Thomas Sackett, m. Sarah Haywood."
|Last Edited||23 December 2019|