Elijah Gibson Sackett
|Father||Guy Sackett (1784-1853)|
|Mother||Sarah Dunkan (say 1785-)|
In 1850 Elijah was living in Berlin, Delaware County, OhioG, and was recorded in the census as E G Sackett, a farmer, aged 41 and born in Pennsylvania. Living with him were his wife Malinda, 41, and their children, Hiram, 19, Francis, 17, Lyman, 15, Josephine, 13, Mariah, 11, Charles, 9, Sarah, 7, Martha, 5, Catharine, 3, and Lydia, aged nine months. Their son Sabina was living next door.6
In 1860 he was living in Bloomington, McLean County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Elzah [sic] Sackett, a farmer, aged 50. Living with him were his wife Malinda, 49, and their children, Hiram, 28, (listed as Lyman), Lyman, 25, (listed as Thiam), 25, Josephine, 23, Charles, 20, Sarah, 17, Martha, 15, Catherine, 13, and Lydia, aged eleven.7
In 1870 he was living in Cheney Grove, McLean County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as Elijah G Sackett, a farmer, aged 61. His wife Malinda, 58, was living with him. Their married daughters Catherine and Josephine, and their unmarried daughter Lydia, were living next door.8
In 1880 he was living in Grove, Adair County, IowaG, and was recorded as Elijah J Sackett, head of household, a farmer, aged 71, and born in Pennsylvania. Living with him were his wife Melinda, aged 70, and his granddaughter Nancy A Duncan, aged 13.9
(Src: Find A Grave, Cindy Baldogo)
Children of Elijah Gibson Sackett and Malinda Lee
- Sabina Sackett+ b. 22 Mar 1828, d. 19 Mar 1909
- Nancy Ann Sackett b. 14 Aug 1830, d. 25 Jan 1836
- Hiram A Sackett+ b. 22 Feb 1832, d. 10 Jun 1908
- Francis M Sackett+ b. c 1833, d. 4 Dec 1903
- Lyman H Sackett b. 2 Jan 1835, d. 15 Jan 1862
- Josephine Sackett b. c 1836
- Mariah Sackett b. c 1839
- Lieut Charles Duncan Sackett+ b. 17 Dec 1840, d. 15 Nov 1927
- Sarah Sackett+ b. c 1842
- Martha Ann Sackett+ b. 13 Dec 1845, d. 29 Dec 1908
- Catherine Sackett b. c 1847
- Lydia Jane Sackett+ b. Nov 1849, d. 25 Nov 1914
1810. Elijah G. Sackett, 1809–1881, of Delaware, Ohio, and Greenfield, Ohio, son of (743) Guy and Sarah Duncan Sackett, was married, in 1824, to Malinda Lee, daughter of William Lee and his wife Prescilla Aldridge.
4508. Hiram Sackett, m. Mary E. Brown.
4509. Franklin M. Sackett, d. Dec. 4, 1903, m. Ruth Sayer.
4510. Lyman H. Sackett, 1834-1862, m. Lauretta Thorp.
4511. Josephine Sackett, m. Martin Hayward.
4512. Mariah Sackett, was thrice married.
4513. Charles D. Sackett, b. Dec. 17, 1840, m. Mary A. Gordon.
4514. Sarah Sackett, m. John Duncan and W. Willis.
4515. Martha A. Sackett, m. William Morgan.
4516. Catherine Sackett, m. John Burroughs.
4517. Lydia Sackett, m. James Spear.
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of Thomas Sackett of Hopewell|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 22641|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
William Hiram Sackett & Ada "Addie" Smith relationship chart
Thanet DNA chart 6
Notes & Citations
- Date calculated from age at death. Weygant, Sacketts of America, has June 1809.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1810. Elijah G. Sackett, b. in June, 1809, d. July 5, 1881, married Malinda Lee."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- If the marriage date (1824) recorded in Weygant is correct, Elijah would have been 15 and Malinda about 14. From the dates of birth of their children it would seem likely they were married later than 1824.
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M432_675, p. 242
Berlin, Delaware, Ohio, 29 Aug 1850
Sackett, E G, 41, m, farmer, real estate $450, b. PA
Sackett, Malinda, 41, f, b. NY
Sackett, Hiram A, 19, m, b. OH
Sackett, Francis M, 17, m, b. OH
Sackett, Lyman, 15, m, b. OH
Sackett, Josephine, 13, f, b. OH
Sackett, Mariah, 11, f, b. OH
Sackett, Charles, 9, m, b. OH
Sackett, Sarah, 7, m [sic], b. OH
Sackett, Martha, 5, f, b. OH
Sackett, Catharine, 3, f, b. OH
Sackett, Lydia J, 9/12, f, b. OH
Justus, John S, 22, m, farmer, b. OH
[Next door to Sabina Sackett].
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_204; Page: 545; Family History Library Film: 803204
Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois
Sackett, Elzah, 50, farmer, real estate $2,000, personal estate $1,200, b. OH
Sackett, Malina, 49, b. OH
Sackett, Lyman, 28, b. OH
Sackett, Thiam, 25, b. OH
Sackett, Josephine, 23, b. OH
Sackett, Charles, 20, b. OH
Sackett, Sarah, 17, b. OH, at school
Sackett, Martha, 15, b. OH, at school
Sackett, Cathirine, 13, b. OH, at school
Sackett, Lydia, 11, b. OH, at school
Bowary, Jarvis, 12, b. OH, at school
Barns, James, 22, labourer, b. OH.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M593_258; Page: 270A; Family History Library Film: 545758
Cheney Grove, McLean County, Illinois, 6 Aug 1870
Sackett, Elijah G, 61, farmer, personal estate $1,100, b. OH
Sackett, Malinda, 58, keeping house, b. NY
[Next door to Burroughs household].
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254325 NA T9-0325/98A (TEK)
Grove, Adair, Iowa
Elijah J. SACKETT, head, 71, b. PA, farmer, father b. PA, mother IRE
Melinda SACKETT, wife, 70, b. NY, keeping house, father b. CT, mother b. RI
Nancy A. DUNCAN, gdau, 13, b. IL, at school, father b. VT, mother b. OH.
|Last Edited||3 May 2020|