William Francis Sackett
|Father||Francis Sackett (1807-1878)|
|Mother||Hannah Jarman (1804-1882)|
In 1841 William was living at Hereson Road, St Lawrence in ThanetG, in the household of his parents Francis and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, aged nine and born in Kent.8
In 1851 he was living at 2 Harbour Street, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded as William Sackett, a labourer, aged 19 and born in St Peter's, son of Francis Sackett.9
In 1861 he was living at 4 Grays Cottages, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded as Wm F Sackett, a labourer, head of household, married, aged 29, and born in St Lawrence. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, aged 28, a bonnet maker, born in Eastry, and their children, Harriett (4), William (2), and Stephen (10 months). Also in the household was a lodger, William Foord.10
In 1871 he was living at 1 Thanet Road, BroadstairsG, and was recorded as Wm Francis Sackett, a painter, head of household, married, aged 39, and born in Broadstairs. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth Ann, a dressmaker, aged 38, and born in Eastry, and their children, Harriet Ann (14), William G (11), Francis (7), Annie Charlotte (5), and Frederick C (10 months.)11
A record for William in the 1881 census has not been found.
In 1891 he was living at Thanet Cottages, St Peter's, KentG, and was recorded as William F Sackett, a painter, head of household, married, aged 59 and born in St Lawrence. He was also recorded as being paralysed. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, aged 57, and born in Eastry, their children, Frederick, 21, Ernest, 19, and Gilbert, 16, and William's unmarried brother Thomas, aged 57.12
In 1901 William's widow was living at 2 Farley Cottages, St Peter's, Broadstairs, KentG, in the household of her daughter Emma and son-in-law Frederick Woodward, and was recorded in the census as Elizth A Sackett, a widow, aged 69 and born in Eastry.13
Children of William Francis Sackett and Elizabeth Ann Foord
- Emma Harriet Sackett+ b. 29 Jan 1857, d. 1 Apr 1940
- William George Sackett+ b. 1858, d. 1957
- Stephen Francis Sackett b. 1860, d. Nov 1861
- Francis Thomas "Frank" Sackett+ b. 1863, d. 1937
- Ellen Charlotte Sackett b. 1864, d. Oct 1864
- Annie Charlotte Sackett+ b. 1866, d. 1920
- Henry Gilbert Sackett b. 1868, d. 1869
- Frederick Charles Sackett+ b. 20 May 1870, d. 1964
- Ernest James Sackett b. 1872, d. 1942
- Gilbert "Bertie" Sackett+ b. 5 Sep 1874, d. 1933
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "4 December 1831 William Francis Sackett s. Francis, labourer of St Peter's, & Hannah Sackett."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1898. Sackett, William Francis, 66. Thanet."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1856. Sackett, Francis William. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "9 November 1856, Francis William Sackett ba, 25, labourer, Northdown, father Francis Sackett, farmer, & Elizabeth Ann Foord sp, 23, Northdown, father William Foord, bricklayer. Banns. Witnesses: James Charles Winch, George Dixon."
- 1861 England census.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1905. Sackett, Elizabeth Ann, 76. Thanet."
- Burials Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent, "18 January 1905 Elizabeth Ann Sackett, Draper's Almshouses, Margate, 76 years."
- 1841 England census
Hereson Road, St Lawrence, Kent
Francis Sackett, 35, milkman, b. Kent
Hannah Sackett, 35, b. Kent
William Sackett, 9, b. Kent
Thomas Sackett, 8, b. Kent
George Sackett, 6, b. Kent
Francis Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Mary Brown, 14, b. Kent
John Rye, 25, shoe m, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 26; Page: 20; Line: 7; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 England census
2 Harbour St., Broadstairs, Kent
Francis Sackett, head, married, 43, butcher, b. Kent, St. Peters
Hannah Sackett, wife, 46, butcher's wife, b. Kent, St. Peters
William Sackett, son, 19, labourer, b. Kent, St. Peters
George H. Sackett, son, 15, shopman, b. Kent, St. Peters
Francis Sackett, son, 13, errand boy, b. Kent, St. Peters
Stephen Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Kent, St. Peters
Harriet Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Harry Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
- 1861 England census
4 Grays Cottages, Ramsgate, Kent
Wm F Sackett, head, married, 29, lab. b. St Lawrence, Kent
Eliz A Sackett, wife, 28, bonnet maker, b. Eastry, Kent
Harriett E Sackett, dau, 4, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Wm G Sackett, son, 2, b. Broadstairs
Stephen F Sackett, son, 10 months, b. Broadstairs
William Foord, lodger, married, 56, bricklayer, b. Eastry, Kent.
- 1871 England census
1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, Kent
Wm Francis Sackett, head, married, 39, painter, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 38, dressmaker, b. Eastry, Kent
Harriet Ann Sackett, dau, 14, scholar, b. Broadstairs
William G Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Francis Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Annie Charlotte Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Frederick C Sackett, son, 10 months, b. Broadstairs.
- 1891 England census
Thanet Cotts, St Peter's, Kent
William F Sackett, head, married, 59, painter (paralysed), b. St Lawrence
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 57, [?]maker, b. Eastry, Kent
Frederick C Sackett, son, unm, 21, gas fitter, b. Broadstairs
Ernest James Sackett, son, unm, 19, lab. general, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert Sackett, son, 16, errand boy, b. Broadstairs
Thomas Edward Sackett, brother, unm, 57, gardener, b. Bromstone, Kent.
- 1901 England census
2 Farley Cottages, St Peter's, Broadstairs, Kent
T W Woodward, head, married, 42, house decorator, worker, b. Broadstairs, Kent
E H Woodward, wife, 43, b. Broadstairs
M H Woodward, dau, 13, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert S Woodward, son, 10, b. Broadstairs
Elizth A Sackett, mother-in-law, widow, 69, b. Eastry
Chas A Smith, bro-in-law, married, 23, insurance agent, b. Canterbury, Kent
Annie C Smith, sis-in-law, married, 33, b. Broadstairs
Nellie M Smith, niece, 6 months, b. Dover, Kent.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||3 Feb 2023|