Frederick Charles Sackett
|Father||William Francis Sackett (1831-1898)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Foord (c 1832-1905)|
In 1871 Frederick was living at 1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, KentG, in the household of his parents William and Elizabeth., and was recorded in the census as Frederick C Sackett, aged 10 months, and born in Broadstairs.8
In 1891 he was living at Thanet Cottages, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his parents William and Elizabeth, and was recorded as Frederick C Sackett, a gas fitter, unmarried, aged 21 and born in Broadstairs.9
In 1911 he was living at Hillside, Wingham, KentG, and was recorded as Frederick Charles Sackett, an evangelist, head of household, aged 41. Living with him were his wife Jessie, 41, and their children, Wallace, 15, Elsie, 12, and Grace, aged two.10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Frederick and Jessie were living at Hermon, Orpington, KentG. Frederick was a retired "caravangelist."11
Frederick's wife Jessie left a will which was proved on 6 February 1951 by their daughter Grace. Her estate was valued at £180.12
Children of Frederick Charles Sackett and Jessie Gray Cousland
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1870. Sackett, Frederick Charles. Mother: Foord. Thanet. 2a:811."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1964. Sackett, Frederick C, 93. Pershore. 9d:220."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1894. Sackett, Frederick Chas. Thanet."
- "Scotland, Select Births and Baptisms, 1564–1950", database, Ancestry.com, "Jessie Gray Cousland, b. Denny, Stirling, Scotland, 30 Apr 1869, father James Cousland, mother Annie Tod."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1951. Sackett, Jessie G, 81. Bromley."
- Probate record.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f28
1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, Kent
Wm Francis Sackett, head, married, 39, painter, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 38, dressmaker, b. Eastry, Kent
Harriet Ann Sackett, dau, 14, scholar, b. Broadstairs
William G Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Francis Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Annie Charlotte Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Frederick C Sackett, son, 10 months, b. Broadstairs.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/733/f46
Thanet Cotts, St Peter's, Kent
William F Sackett, head, married, 59, painter (paralysed), b. St Lawrence
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 57, [?]maker, b. Eastry, Kent
Frederick C Sackett, son, unm, 21, gas fitter, b. Broadstairs
Ernest James Sackett, son, unm, 19, lab. general, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert Sackett, son, 16, errand boy, b. Broadstairs
Thomas Edward Sackett, brother, unm, 57, gardener, b. Bromstone, Kent.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4557, schedule 189
Hillside, Wingham, Kent
Frederick Charles Sackett, head, 41, married, evangelist, undenominational, own account, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Jessie Gray Sackett, wife, 41, m. 16y, 3 ch, all living, b. Denny, Scotland
Wallace Render Sackett, son, 15, draper's assistant, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Elsie Sackett, dau, 12, b. Southborough, Kent
Grace May Sackett, dau, 2, b. Faversham, Kent.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Hermon, Orpington, Kent: RG101/1762E/004/37, Frederick C Sackett, b. 20 May 1870, married, caravangelist employee (retired); RG101/1762E/004/38, Jessie G Sackett, b. 30 Apr 1869, married, housewife.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Jessie Gray of Hermon Polesteeple Hill Biggin Hill Kent (wife of Frederick Charles Sackett) died 4 January 1951 Probate London 6 February to Grace May Sackett spinster. Effects £180 os. 5d."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||26 January 2019|