Francis Thomas "Frank" Sackett
|Father||William Francis Sackett (1831-1898)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Foord (c 1832-1905)|
In 1871 Francis was living at 1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, KentG, in the household of his parents William and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as Francis Sackett, a scholar, aged 7, and born in Broadstairs.7
In 1881 he was living at 5 Polgworth Terrace, Gypsy Hill, Lambeth, SurreyG, in the household of Abel Ballard, a railway porter, and was recorded as Frank Sackett, a railway booking clerk, a visitor, unmarried, aged 18, and born in Kent.8
In 1891 he was living at 22 Hardy Street, Maidstone, KentG, and was recorded as Francis T Sackett, a railway clerk, head of household, married, aged 28 and born in Broadstairs. Living with him were his wife Louisa, 24, and children, Amelia, 4, and Jessie, aged two.9
In 1911 he was living at 97 Park Road, West Dulwich, LondonG, and was recorded as Frank Sackett, a railway clerk, head of household, aged 48 and born in Broadstairs. Living with him were his wife Louisa, 48, and their son William, 19.10
Children of Francis Thomas "Frank" Sackett and Louisa Brown
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1863. Sackett, Francis Thomas. Mother: Foord. Thanet. 2a:736."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1937. Sackett, Francis T, 74. Deptford."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1885. Sackett, Francis Thomas. Camberwell. 1d:838."
"Mar qtr 1885. Brown, Louisa. Camberwell. 1d:838."
- Marriages Register, St Giles, Camberwell, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "22 March 1885, Francis Thomas Sackett, 22, bachelor, railway clerk, of 1 Carlton Terrace, father: William Sackett, painter; and Louisa Brown, 21, spinster, of 1 Carlton Terrace, father: Samuel Brown, labourer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Samuel Brown, Arthur Radburn."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f28
1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, Kent
Wm Francis Sackett, head, married, 39, painter, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 38, dressmaker, b. Eastry, Kent
Harriet Ann Sackett, dau, 14, scholar, b. Broadstairs
William G Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Francis Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Annie Charlotte Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Frederick C Sackett, son, 10 months, b. Broadstairs.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341145, PRO RG11/0630/10/14
5 Polgworth Tr Gypsey Hill
Abel Ballard, head, married, 40, b. Hern St, Kent, railway porter
Sarah Ann Ballard, wife, 42, b. Tydd St Giles, Cambridge
Harry Ballard, son, 12, b. Norwood, Surrey
Frank Sackett, visitor, unmarried, 18, b. Duodstain ?, Kent, Ry booking clerk
George Markham, lodger, unmarried, 43, b. Elm, Cambridge, bricklayer
Thomas Cable, lodger, unmarried, 40, b. Bristol, Gloucester, coachman.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 690, folio 140, p. 48, GSU roll 6095800
22 Hardy St, Maidstone (St Paul), Kent
Francis T Sackett, head, married, 28, railway clerk, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Louisa Sackett, wife, 24, b. Surrey, Lower Norwood
Amelia Sackett, dau, 4, b. Surrey, Lower Norwood
Jessie Sackett, dau, 2, b. Surrey, Lower Norwood.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 97 Park Road, West Dulwich, London SE
Frank Sackett, head, 48, married, railway clerk, worker, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Louisa Sackett, wife, 48, m. 26y, 4 ch, 2 living, b. Surrey, West Norwood
William Sackett, son, 19, single, railway clerk, b. Kent, Maidstone.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2016|