Annie Charlotte Sackett
|Father||William Francis Sackett (1831-1898)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Foord (c 1832-1905)|
In 1871 Annie was living at 1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, KentG, in the household of her parents William and Elizabeth., and was recorded in the census as Annie Charlotte Sackett, a scholar, aged 5, and born in Broadstairs.6
In 1881 she was living at 10 Albert Place, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of her uncle John Holley, a farm labourer, and was recorded as Annie Sackett, a scholar, aged 13, and born in Broadstairs. Also in the household was her unmarried sister Ann (24).7
In 1891 she was living at Eastern Esplanade (Convalescent Home), Margate, KentG, and was recorded as Annie Sackett, housemaid, single, aged 24 and born in Broadstairs. The head of household was described as the mistress of an orphan house. Other occupants were a female cook and eight patients aged 6 to 14.8
In 1901 she was living at 2 Farley Cottages, St Peter's, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded as Annie C Smith, aged 33 and born in Broadstairs. She was living with her husband Charles, 23, an insurance agent, and daughter Nellie, aged six months, in the household of her sister Emma and brother-in-law Frederick Woodward.9
Child of Annie Charlotte Sackett and Charlie Alfred Smith
- Nellie M Smith b. 1900
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1866. Sackett, Annie Charlotte. Mother: Foord. Thanet. 2a:718."
- Email from Michael Anthony Sackett to Chris Sackett.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1899. Sackett, Annie Charlotte. Thanet. 2a:2008."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1899. Smith, Charlie Alfred. Thanet. 2a:2008."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f28
1 Thanet Road, Broadstairs, Kent
Wm Francis Sackett, head, married, 39, painter, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Elizabeth Ann Sackett, wife, 38, dressmaker, b. Eastry, Kent
Harriet Ann Sackett, dau, 14, scholar, b. Broadstairs
William G Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Francis Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Annie Charlotte Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Broadstairs
Frederick C Sackett, son, 10 months, b. Broadstairs.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341236, PRO RG11/0991/97/33
St Peters, Kent
10 Albert Place
John Holley, head, widower, 65, b. Birchington, Kent, farm labourer
Ann Sackett, niece, unmarried, 24, b. Broadstairs, Kent, dressmaker
Annie Sackett, niece, 13, b. Broadstairs, scholar.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 729, folio 76, p. 32, GSU roll 6095839
Eastern Esplanade (Convalescent Home), Margate (St John's), Kent
Annie Sackett, serv, single, 24, domestic servant housemaid, b. Kent, Broadstairs.
[In household of Jean Gow Niven, head, single, 29, mistress of orphan house. Other occupants were a female cook and 8 patients aged 6 to 14]
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 2 Farley Cottages, St Peter's, Broadstairs, Kent
T W Woodward, head, married, 42, house decorator, worker, b. Broadstairs, Kent
E H Woodward, wife, 43, b. Broadstairs
M H Woodward, dau, 13, b. Broadstairs
Gilbert S Woodward, son, 10, b. Broadstairs
Elizth A Sackett, mother-in-law, widow, 69, b. Eastry
Chas A Smith, bro-in-law, married, 23, insurance agent, b. Canterbury, Kent
Annie C Smith, sis-in-law, married, 33, b. Broadstairs
Nellie M Smith, niece, 6 months, b. Dover, Kent.
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2016|