Lieutenant Abner Sacket
|Father||Daniel Sacket (1693-1776)|
|Mother||Mary Weller (c 1707-1789)|
Abner served in the American Revolutionary War as a lieutenant in his brother Captain Daniel Sacket's Company (7th Company, Hampshire County (Massachusetts) Regiment.)1
In 1790 Abner was living in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG. In his household were one man, two boys, and six females.10
[Abner Sackett] was a soldier of the Revolution, and as shown by Massachusetts State Records, enlisted Apr. 28, 1775, in Capt. Warham Parks' Co. of Col. Timothy Danielson's Regt., and is credited with a term of service lasting 3 months and 10 days in said company. He is also credited with responding to the alarm of Apr. 19, 1775, and serving for eight day previous to his enlistment as above stated, in Westfield Company of Minute Men, commanded by Lieut. John Shepard. Mention is also made of his service for an unstated period as First Lieut. of Capt. Daniel Sacket's Company of the 3d Regiment of Hampshire County Militia.
Children of Lieutenant Abner Sacket and Rhoda Kellogg
- Noble Sacket+ b. 29 Jan 1772, d. 10 Sep 1828
- Clarissa Sacket b. 28 Oct 1773, d. 18 May 1801
- Nancy Sacket+ b. 20 Sep 1775, d. 7 Mar 1796
- Filer Sacket b. after 1777
- Dolly Sacket+ b. 25 Nov 1777, d. 20 Oct 1842
- Polly Sacket+ b. 20 Dec 1779
- Edward Sacket+ b. 1783, d. 16 Apr 1836
- Anna Sacket b. 1 Mar 1785
- Roland Sacket b. 21 Mar 1787
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 172 |
Thurmon King's Database, 1149
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Joel Sacket & Clarissa Sacket relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:206.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Abner, s. Daniel & Mary (Weller) b. Oct. 11, 1751."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Springfield Second Church (West Springfield), 1712–1774, "Oct. 13 1751 Abner son of Daniel Sacket in Westfield."
- Website Register of Deaths of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1728–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1808 June 9 Abner Sacket 56 years."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:188.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Abner Sacket of W. and Rhoda Kellogg of W; m. Oct. 10, 1771."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website Register of Deaths of the First Church, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1728–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1798 Nov. 8 Rhoda Sacket the wife of Abner Sacket 45 years."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Abner Sacket. Westfield, Hampshire, MA. 1 white male (16+), 2 white males under 16, and 6 white females.
|Last Edited||17 October 2019|