|Father||Lieutenant Abner Sacket (1751-1808)|
|Mother||Rhoda Kellogg (1753-1798)|
Dolly Sacket, daughter of Lieutenant Abner Sacket and Rhoda Kellogg, was born in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 25 November 1777.1,2,3 She died aged 64 in Amboy, Ashtabula County, OhioG, on 20 October 18424 and was buried at West Lakeville Cemetery, AmboyG.5 She married in WestfieldG on 26 November 1802, Rev Jesse Viets, son of Seth Viets and Ruth Smith.6,7 Jesse was born at Turkey Hills, East Granby, ConnecticutG, in February 1781.4,7 He died aged 61 in AmboyG on 19 July 18424,7 and was buried at West Lakeville CemeteryG.5
Children of Dolly Sacket and Rev Jesse Viets
- Jesse Viets b. c 1803, d. 6 Aug 1806
- Rev Rodney Viets b. 16 Jun 1806, d. 20 Nov 1887
- Rollin Viets b. Jun 1808, d. Apr 1848
- Dolly Ann Viets b. 25 Feb 1811, d. 1882
- Mary Ann Viets b. 14 Jun 1813, d. 12 Oct 1886
- Rose Ann Viets b. 1816, d. 9 Jul 1893
- Eunice Viets+ b. 19 Dec 1818, d. 8 Sep 1884
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "517. Dolly Sacket."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:188.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Dolley, d. Abner & Rhoda Kellogg, b. Nov. 25, 1777."
- Email from Pat Stempski to Sackett List, 8 June 2007.
- Find a Grave.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Viets, Jesse of W. and Dolly Sacket of W; m. [date blank]."
- Dorothy Dean Viets Schell, A Viets Genealogy: Dr. John Viets and his Descendants (Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc., 1990).
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||22 Dec 2021|