|Father||Thomas Sackett (1600-1635)|
|Mother||Barbara Wood (say 1600-)|
Thomas made his will at St John in ThanetG on 1 January 1709/10, naming as beneficiaries his wife Ann, his sons John, Paul and Thomas, his daughter Hannah, and his grandsons John Sackett, Thomas Sackett and Thomas Taylor. He left his farm at Northdown to his daughter Hannah, with reversion to her son Thomas Taylor.8,9 An inventory of Thomas's estate was taken at St John in ThanetG on 7 March 1709/10.9
Date: 1 January 1709/10.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 3 March 1709/10.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-81-258.
Testator: Thomas Sackett, yeoman, of St John in Thanet, Kent.
Daughter Hannah wife of Austin Taylor, farm at Northdown for life.
Grandson Thomas Taylor, reversion of farm.
Sons John, Paul, Thomas.
Daughters-in-law, Elizabeth widow of late son Robert, Ann wife or widow of son Richard.
Grandsons John son of John, Thomas son of Richard, others not named.
Inventory of the estate of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent.
Date: 7 March 1709/10.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-69-112.
Thomas Sackett the elder, of St John in Thanet, yeoman.
Appraised by: John Blaxland, ___ Fuller, John Smith, & G Friend.
Value: £490 9s 8d.
Ready money £27 0s 0d
Bond from James Yeomans £50 0s 0d
Due from Robert Sackett's widow £27 0s 0d
Household goods £73 15s 11d
Farm stock & crops £312 13s 9d.
Children of Thomas Sackett and Catherine Curling
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "22 September 1633 Thomas s. Thomas Sackett."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "17 February 1709 Thomas Sackett the elder."
- Marriages Register, St Mary the Virgin, Woodnesborough, Kent, database, Findmypast, "19 Jun 1654, Thomas Sackett & Cath Curling, both of Woodnesborough."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "18 November 1701 Catherine Sackett wife of Thomas, yeoman."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "9 November 1706 Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, yeoman, widower & Ann Craft of St Peter in Thanet, widow. At St Peter or St John in Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "24 November 1706 Thomas Sackett widower, & Ann Croffts, widow, both of this parish. Licence."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "4 September 1720 Anne Sackett widow."
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 1 January 1709/10, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 3 March 1709/10 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-81-258).
- Inventory of the estate of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, taken 7 March 1709/10 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-69-112).
|Last Edited||23 November 2019|