|Father||Thomas Sackett (1633-1709/10)|
|Mother||Catherine Curling (c 1631-1701)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at St John in ThanetG on 1 January 1709/10.10,11
Children of John Sackett and Mary Taylor
- Mary Sackett b. 9 Aug 1685
- Thomas Sackett+ b. 1688, d. before Dec 1732
- John Sackett+ b. 26 May 1689, d. 24 Dec 1756
- Hannah Sackett b. 26 Apr 1691
- Paul Sackett+ b. 29 Jan 1692/93, d. Jul 1761
- Stephen Sackett b. 1695, d. Jan 1695/96
- Anne Sackett+ b. 1 Jan 1696/97, d. after 1756
- Stephen Sackett+ b. 29 Oct 1699, d. 3 Jan 1786
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "17 November 1654 John s. Thomas & Catherine Sackett bn 2 November."
- Burials Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "2 July 1727 John Sackette the elder, 73."
- Thanet Obituary (monumental inscriptions), St John's Church, Margate, Kent, headstone, "John Sackett, 29 June 1727, aged 73; Mary, ux., 2 June 1722, aged 67."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "15 November 1684 John Sackett of St John in Thanet, yeoman, 28 & Mary Taylor, same parish, spinster, 26, whose parents consent. At St Peter in Thanet. Thomas Sackett of St John afsd, yeoman, bondsman."
- Marriages Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "16 November 1684 John Sackett, bachelor, yeoman, 28, & Mary Taylor, maiden, 26."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, St John in Thanet, Kent (Marion Sackett transcripts), "7 June 1722 Mary Sackett wife of John."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "3 June 1726 John Sackett, widower, & Mary Mount, widow, both of St John in Thanet. At St John in Thanet or St Alphege Canterbury."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Canterbury, Kent (Parish Register and Bishops' Transcript), "2 June 1726 John Sackette, wid., of St John in Thanet, & Mary Mount, wid. Licence."
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 1 January 1709/10, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 3 March 1709/10 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-81-258).
- Inventory of the estate of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, taken 7 March 1709/10 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-69-112).
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2022|