|Father||Justus Sackett (1777-1854)|
|Mother||Clarissa Belcher (1783-1844)|
Lyman was admitted to membership of the Second Congregational ChurchG on 3 July 1831.6
Lyman made a will of personalty on 14 April 1841, three days before his death. His brothers, William and Amos, were appointed executors. Documents filed with the New York County Surrogates' Court describe Lyman as a merchant of New York City, and name his wife, Lydia Amanda Sackett, and only child, Lyman Belcher Sackett, a minor. Witnesses to the signing of the will were Samuel A Strang, Zalmon S Mead, and George E Belcher. The will was proved on 29 May 1841.7
Child of Lyman Sackett and Lydia Amanda Ostrander
- Lyman Belcher Sackett+ b. c 1840, d. between 1889 & 1894
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 6621|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2218. Lyman Sackett, b. May 21, 1818; m. Lydia Ostander."
- Website Cemetery Transcriptions from the NEHGS Manuscript Collections (New England Historic Genealogical Society) (http://www.NewEnglandAncestors.org), "Sackett, Lyman, son of Justus and Clarissa Sackett, d. Apl. 17, 1841, æ. 22 yrs, 11 mos and 4 days. Second Congregational Church Cemetery, Greenwich, Fairfield Co., Connecticut."
- Church Records, Greenwich, Connecticut, baptism, Second Congregational Church, 1818 "Sackett, Lyman, son of Justus and Clarissa Sackett, Aug. 15."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 4/20/1841. "Apr.17, Brother A M Sackett's res. Lyman Sackett 24y. Remains Greenwich Conn."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 17:245, Inscription, Second Congregational Church Cemetery, Greenwich, Fairfield County, "Sackett, Lyman, son of Justus & Clarissa, died Apr 17, 1841, age 22 yrs 11 mos 4 das."
- Church Records, Greenwich, Connecticut, member record, Second Congregational Church, 1831 "Sackett, Lyman, son of Justus Sackett, July 3."
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com, will of Lyman Sackett, 1841.
|Last Edited||29 Nov 2019|