John Kemp Sackett
|Father||Richard Henry Sackett (1813-1872)|
|Mother||Sarah Ann Kemp (c 1816-1889)|
In 1841 John was living at Deal, KentG, in the household of his parents Richard and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged three and born in Kent.7
In 1851 he was living at 118 Snargate Street, Dover, KentG, in the household of his grandfather, Richard Sackett, and was recorded as John Sackett, a scholar, aged 12 and born in Dover.8
In 1861 he was living at 6 Lower Mary Street, Bromley, Poplar, MiddlesexG, in the household of Thomas Buttler, a labourer, and was recorded as John Sackett, a labourer, unmarried, aged 20 and born in Stratford. Lodging in the same household was Richard Sackett, 22, also a labourer.9
In 1871 he was living at Union Street, Stratford, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded as John Sackett, a labourer, head of household, married, aged 30 and born in Deal, Kent. Living with him were his wife Mary, 23, and children, Sarah, 5, and Jane, aged three.10
In 1881 John's widow Mary was living at 1 Park Place, Stratford, West Ham, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as Mary Sackett, a laundress, head of household, a widow, aged 34 and born in Havering, Essex. Living with her were her children, Sarah, 14, Mary Jane, 13, Thomas, 9, Alfred, 7, Emily, 5, and Ellen, aged three.11
In 1891 she was living at 14 Fifth Avenue, Little Ilford, EssexG, in the household of John Parker, and was recorded as Mary Ann Sackett, a widow aged 45. Her son Robert, 11, was living with her.12
In 1901 she was living at 36 Bessborough Road, East Ham, EssexG, in the household of her daughter Mary and son-in-law Thomas Wood. She was a laundress, aged 52.13
Children of John Kemp Sackett and Mary Ann Doe
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1839. Sackett, John Kemp. Mother: Kemp. Eastry. 5:121."
- Baptisms Register, St Leonard's, Deal, Kent (Transcript), "12 May 1839 John Kemp Sackett s. Richard Henry & Sarah Ann, Princes St., tinman."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1880. Sackett, John, 41. W Ham."
- Marriages Register, St James, Bethnal Green, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "1 February 1870, John Sackett, full age, bachelor, labourer, of Bethnal Green, father: Richard Sackett, whitesmith; and Mary Doe, full age, spinster, of Bethnal Green, father: William Doe, labourer. Banns. He signed. She made mark. Witnesses: Emma Doe, Emma Edwards."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1847. Doe, Mary. Romford. 12:243."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1912. Sackett, Mary, 67. W Ham."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Princess Street, Deal, Kent
Richard Sackett, 25, publican beer house, b. Kent 
Sarah Sackett, 25, b. Kent
Richard Sackett, 6, b. Kent
John Sackett, 3, b. Kent
[Ages of adults rounded down to nearest five years in 1841 census]
HO107; Piece 466; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Deal; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 31; Page: 7; Line: 13; GSU roll: 306861. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, "118 Snargate St., St Mary, Dover
Richard Sackett, head, widower, 65, Cinque Ports pilot, b. Kent, Westwood
Sarah Ann Sackett, dau, unmarried, 20, b. Kent, Ramsgate
John Sackett, gson, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Dover."
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG9, piece 302, folio 79, p. 18, GSU roll 542610
No 6, Lo Mary Street, Bromley, Bow, Poplar, Middlesex
Richard Sackett, lodger, unm, 22, labourer, b. Essex, Stratford
John Sackett, lodger, unm, 20, labourer, b. Essex, Stratford
[In household of Thomas Buttler, a labourer].
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 1623, folio 41, p. 25, GSU roll 829930
Union St, Stratford, West Ham, Essex
John Sackett, head, married, 30, lab, b. Kent, Deal
Mary Sackett, wife, 23, b. Middx, Mile End
Sarah Sackett, dau, 5, b. Middx, Mile End
Jane Sackett, dau, 3, b. Middx, Mile End.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, RG11, piece 1703, folio 90, p. 11, GSU roll 1341406
1 Park Place, Stratford, West Ham, Essex
Mary Sackett, head, wid, 34, laundress, b. Essex, Havering
Sarah M Sackett, dau, 14, jute spinner, b. Middlesex, Bu?dell Rd
Mary Jane Sackett, dau, 13, jute shifter, b. Middlesex, Bu?dell Rd
Thomas Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Alfred Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Emily E Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Ellen Sackett, dau, 3, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 1342, folio 92, p. 3, GSU roll 6096452
14 Fifth Avenue, Little Ilford, Essex
John Parker, head, widr, 47, local board scavenger, b. London, Middlesex
Edward Parker, son, 18, bricklayers laborer, b. Barking, Essex
James Parker, son, 12, b. Barking, Essex
Henry Parker, son, 9, b. Barking, Essex
Mary Ann Sacket, visitor, wid, 45, b. Epping, Essex
Robert Sacket, visitor, 11, b. Stratford, Essex.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1602/26v
East Ham, Essex
36 Bessborough Road, East Ham (St Mary the Virgin) (4 rooms)
Thomas Wood, head, married, 33, general labourer, worker, b. Stratford, Essex
Mary Wood, wife, 32, b. Mile End, London
Thomas Wood, son, 11, b. Stratford
Jane Wood, dau, 8, b. Stratford
John Wood, son, 6, b. Manor Park, Essex
Frank Wood, son, 4, b. Manor Park
Ernest Wood, son, 1, b. Manor Park
Mary Sackett, mother-in-law, widow, 52, laundress, worker, b. Haydon Bois, Essex
Emily Bright, sister, married, 25, laundress, worker, b. Stratford.
|Last Edited||19 Sep 2018|