Emily Edith Sackett
|Father||John Kemp Sackett (1839-1880)|
|Mother||Mary Ann Doe (1847-1912)|
In 1881 Emily was living at 1 Park Place, Stratford, West Ham, EssexG, in the household of her widowed mother Mary, and was recorded in the census as Emily E Sackett, a scholar, aged five and born in Stratford, Essex.6
In 1901 she was living at 36 Bessborough Road, East Ham, EssexG, in the household of her sister Mary and brother-in-law Thomas Wood, and was recorded as Emily Bright, a laundress, married, aged 25.7
In 1911 she was living at 4 Buxton Road, Walthamstow, EssexG, in the household of her husband Edward Bright, 35, a club steward, and was recorded as Emily Bright, aged 35. Living with them were their children, Emily, 16, Thomas, 10, Grace, 5, Edward, 4, and Gladys, aged one. Entries for Jenny, 12, and Charles, 7, recorded by Edward Bright, were struck through, presumably by the enumerator because they were living elsewhere on the census date.8
Children of Emily Edith Sackett and Edward Bright
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1876. Sackett, Emily Edith. Mother: Doe. W Ham. 4a:11."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1955. Bright, Emily Edith, 79. Epping. 5a:45."
- Marriages Register, St Peter, St Albans, Hertfordshire, database, Ancestry.com, "6 August 1894, Edward Bright, 19, father James Bright; to Emily Edith Sackett, 19, father John Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1894. Sackett, Emily Edith. St Albans. 3a."
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, RG11, piece 1703, folio 90, p. 11, GSU roll 1341406
1 Park Place, Stratford, West Ham, Essex
Mary Sackett, head, wid, 34, laundress, b. Essex, Havering
Sarah M Sackett, dau, 14, jute spinner, b. Middlesex, Bu?dell Rd
Mary Jane Sackett, dau, 13, jute shifter, b. Middlesex, Bu?dell Rd
Thomas Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Alfred Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Emily E Sackett, dau, 5, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford
Ellen Sackett, dau, 3, scholar, b. Essex, Stratford.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1602/26v
East Ham, Essex
36 Bessborough Road, East Ham (St Mary the Virgin) (4 rooms)
Thomas Wood, head, married, 33, general labourer, worker, b. Stratford, Essex
Mary Wood, wife, 32, b. Mile End, London
Thomas Wood, son, 11, b. Stratford
Jane Wood, dau, 8, b. Stratford
John Wood, son, 6, b. Manor Park, Essex
Frank Wood, son, 4, b. Manor Park
Ernest Wood, son, 1, b. Manor Park
Mary Sackett, mother-in-law, widow, 52, laundress, worker, b. Haydon Bois, Essex
Emily Bright, sister, married, 25, laundress, worker, b. Stratford.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14; Piece: 9748; Schedule Number: 188
4 Buxton Rd, Walthamstow, Essex
Edward Bright, head, 35, m. 14y, steward, club, b. Bethnal Green, London
Emily Bright, wife, 35, 8 ch, 7 living, b. Stratford, Essex
Emily Bright, dau, 16, home duties & assist in club, b. Hertford, St Albans
Jenny Bright, dau, 12 [entry struck through], b. Walthamstow
Thomas Bright, son, 10, school, b. Essex, Leytonstone
Charles Bright, son, 7 [entry struck through], b. Walthamstow
Grace Bright, dau, 5, b. Walthamstow
Edward Bright, son, 4, b. Walthamstow
Gladys Bright, dau, 1, b. Walthamstow.
|Last Edited||27 May 2017|