Harriet Crow Jarman
|Father||James Jarman (say 1775-1845)|
|Mother||Harriet Sackett (1780-)|
In 1841 Harriet was living in Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her husband Thomas, 45+, an agricultural labourer, and was recorded in the census as Harriet Spain, aged 40+ and born in Kent. Living with them were their children, Emma, 10, Henry, 9, Keziah, 6, Hannah, 4, and Rosina, aged one.7
In 1851 she was living at 2 Portland Court, RamsgateG, in the household of her husband Thomas, 52, a labourer, and was recorded as Harriett Spain, aged 49 and born in St Peter's. Living with them were their children, Hannah, 13, and Eliza, aged four.8
In 1861 she was living at 3 Cumberland Cottages, St Lawrence in ThanetG, in the household of her husband Thomas, 63, an agricultural labourer, and was recorded as Harriet Spain, aged 59 and born in Broadstairs. Living with them were their daughters, Eliza, 14, and Hannah Bristow, a widow, 23, and Hannah's sons, Phillip, 2, and Selham [Salem], aged one.9
Children of Harriet Crow Jarman and Thomas Spain
- Susannah Ann Spain+ b. 1823, d. 1899
- James William Spain b. 1825
- Ellen Frances Spain b. 1827
- Emma Crow Spain+ b. 1829, d. 22 Nov 1914
- Henry Jonas Spain b. 1831, d. 9 Aug 1831
- Henry Thomas Spain b. 1832
- Keziah Ellen Spain b. 1835
- Hannah Harriet Spain+ b. 1838
- Rosina Sarah Spain b. 1840
- Albert Samuel Spain b. 1843
- Eliza Frances Spain b. 1846
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "28 June 1801 Harriot Jarman d. James Jarman & Harriot."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1862. Spain, Harriet Crow, 61. Thanet. 2a:435."
- "Ramsgate, Kent, Burials Register", digital image, Findmypast, 87:691, "16 Feb 1862, Harriet Crow Spain, 61, of Ramsgate."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "11 March 1823 Thomas Spain & Harriet Jarman."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "20 April 1800 Thomas Spain s. Thomas Spain & Sarah."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 469, book 3, folio 27, p. 2, line 15
Thomas Spain, 45+, ag lab, b. Kent
Harriet Spain, 40+, b. Kent
Emma Spain, 10+, b. Kent
Henry Spain, 9, b. Kent
Keziah Spain, 6, b. Kent
Hannah Spain, 4, b. Kent
Rosina Spain, 1, b. Kent.
- 1851 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1630, folio 475, p. 15
2 Portland Court, Ramsgate, Kent
Thomas Spain, head, married, 52, labourer, b. Kent, Northdown
Harriett Spain, wife, 49, b. Kent, St Peter's
Hannah Spain, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Eliza Spain, dau, 4, scholar, b. Kent, St Lawrence.
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 538, folio 76, p. 1
3 Cumberland Cottages, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Spain, head, married, 63, ag lab, b. Margate
Harriet Spain, wife, 59, b. Broadstairs
Eliza Spain, dau, 14, scholar, b. St Lawrence
Hannah Bristow, dau, wid, 23, b. Margate
Phillip Bristow, gson, 2, b. Ramsgate
Pelham Bristow, gson, 1, b. Margate.
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|