Hannah Harriet Spain
|Father||Thomas Spain (c 1800-)|
|Mother||Harriet Crow Jarman (1801-1862)|
In 1841 Hannah was living in Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Harriet, and was recorded in the census as Hannah Spain, aged four and born in Kent.6
In 1851 she was living at 2 Portland Court, RamsgateG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Harriet, and was recorded as Hannah Spain, a scholar, aged 13 and born in Margate.7
In 1861 she was living at 3 Cumberland Cottages, St Lawrence in ThanetG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Harriet, and was recorded as Hannah Bristow, a widow, aged 23 and born in Margate. Living with her were her children, Phillip, 2, and Selham [Salem], aged one.8
Children of Hannah Harriet Spain and William Bristow
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1838. Spain, Hannah Harriet. Mother: Jarman. Thanet. 5:416."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "4 March 1838 Hannah Harriet Spain d. Thomas Spain & Harriet."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1858. Spain, Hannah Harriet. Thanet. 2a:1128."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1858. Bristow, William. Thanet. 2a:1128."
- Marriage, Ramsgate, Kent (England Marriages, LDS FamilySearch), "24 October 1858 William Bristow, 23, father David Bristow; & Hannah Harriet Spain, 21, father Thomas Spain."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 469, book 3, folio 27, p. 2, line 15
Thomas Spain, 45+, ag lab, b. Kent
Harriet Spain, 40+, b. Kent
Emma Spain, 10+, b. Kent
Henry Spain, 9, b. Kent
Keziah Spain, 6, b. Kent
Hannah Spain, 4, b. Kent
Rosina Spain, 1, b. Kent.
- 1851 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1630, folio 475, p. 15
2 Portland Court, Ramsgate, Kent
Thomas Spain, head, married, 52, labourer, b. Kent, Northdown
Harriett Spain, wife, 49, b. Kent, St Peter's
Hannah Spain, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Eliza Spain, dau, 4, scholar, b. Kent, St Lawrence.
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 538, folio 76, p. 1
3 Cumberland Cottages, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Spain, head, married, 63, ag lab, b. Margate
Harriet Spain, wife, 59, b. Broadstairs
Eliza Spain, dau, 14, scholar, b. St Lawrence
Hannah Bristow, dau, wid, 23, b. Margate
Phillip Bristow, gson, 2, b. Ramsgate
Pelham Bristow, gson, 1, b. Margate.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2016|