Keziah Ellen Spain
|Father||Thomas Spain (c 1800-)|
|Mother||Harriet Crow Jarman (1801-1862)|
In 1841 Keziah was living in Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Harriet, and was recorded in the census as Keziah Spain, aged six and born in Kent.4
In 1851 she was living at 3 Chatham Place, RamsgateG, in the household of Humphrey Wightwick, a lawyer, and was recorded as Keziah E Spain, a servant, aged 16 and born in Margate.5
In 1861 Keziah was living at 10 Boundary Place, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her husband Robert, 27, a railway worker, and was recorded in the census as Keziah E Bartley, aged 26 and born in Margate.6
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, database, FamilySearch, "19 April 1835 Kezia Ellen Spain d. Thomas Spain & Harriet."
- Marriage, Ramsgate, Kent (England Marriages, LDS FamilySearch), "23 October 1859 Robert Thomas Bartley, 26, father James Bartley; & Kiziah [sic] Ellen Spain, 24, father Thomas Spain."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 469, book 3, folio 27, p. 2, line 15
Thomas Spain, 45+, ag lab, b. Kent
Harriet Spain, 40+, b. Kent
Emma Spain, 10+, b. Kent
Henry Spain, 9, b. Kent
Keziah Spain, 6, b. Kent
Hannah Spain, 4, b. Kent
Rosina Spain, 1, b. Kent.
- 1851 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 1630, folio 239, p. 45
3 Chatham Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Humphrey Wightwick, head, married, 68, attorney at law, b. Kent, New Romney
Emma Wightwick, wife, 51, b. Middx, Hornsey
Keziah E Spain, servant, 16, b. Margate.
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 538, folio 62, p. 3
10 Boundary Place, St Lawrence, Kent
Robt Thos Bartley, head, married, 27, signs? man S E Railway Compy, b. Hougham, Dover, Kent
Keziah E Bartley, wife, 26, b. Margate, Kent.
|Last Edited||14 Feb 2013|