Edward Arthur Sackett
|Father||Richard Sackett (1844-1885)|
In 1871 Edward was living at 7 Leopold Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents Richard and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Edward A Sackett, aged five months and born in Ramsgate.10
In 1881 he was living at 12 Leopold Street, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Richard and Sarah, and was recorded as Edward A Sackett, aged ten and born in Ramsgate.11
In 1891 he was living at 7 Turner Street, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his mother Sarah and stepfather James Hunter, and was recorded as Edward A Sackett, a general labourer, unmarried, aged 20.12
Edward served as a sapper in the Royal Engineers, enlisting at Gravesend, KentG, on 9 July 1896. He was discharged on 31 July 1907 after 11 years' service, some of it as a reservist.13
In 1911 he was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Edward Arthur Sackett, a stevedore in the coal trade, aged 39. Living with him were his wife Isabella, 37, and their children, Amy, 15, Rose, 14, Edward, 9, Kitty, 4, and Olive, aged ten months. Also in the household were Edward's widowed sister Amy Wilkinson, 34, Isabella's unmarried brother Herbert, 31, and a niece, Olive Pierce, and her husband Frederick.14
Children of Edward Arthur Sackett and Isabella Elizabeth Gibbs
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1870. Sackett, Edward Arthur. Mother: Bristow. Thanet. 2a:784."
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "25 December 1870 Edward Arthur s. Richard & Sarah Sackett, Leopold Street, waterman."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1914. Sackett, Edward A, 42. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "16 June 1895 Edward Arthur Sackett, 24, bachelor, labourer, of Dorset Pl., & Isabella Elizabeth Gibbs, 21, spinster, of Kidmans Row. Banns. Fathers: Richard Sackett, boatman, dec'd; Samuel Richard Gibbs, fruiterer. Witnesses: Edward Gibbs, Amy Annie Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1895. Sackett, Edward Arthur. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St Luke, Ramsgate, "23 February 1920 Alfred Peter Brown, 43, bachelor, store keeper, of 10 Clements Road, s. William Brown, retired; & Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, 45, widow, of 10 Clements Road, d. Samuel Richard Gibbs, dec'd, fruiterer. Banns. [Both signed]. Witnesses: Kathleen Florence Jordan, Frederick Pierce."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1920. Sackett, Isabella E. Spouse: Brown. Thanet. 2a:1990."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1920. Brown, Alfred P. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:1990."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/995/f96&96v
7 Leopold St., Ramsgate, Kent
Richard Sackett, head, married, 24, boatman on S[?], b. Ramsgate
Sarah Sackett, wife, 23, b. Minster, Kent
Walter Sackett, son, 5, scholar, b. Ramsgate
Francis [sic] S Sackett, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate
Edward A Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Ramsgate.
- 1881 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0988/102/35
12 Leopold St, Ramsgate, Kent
Richard SACKETT, head, married, 36, b. Ramsgate, Kent, boatman
Sarah SACKETT, wife, 36, b. Minster, Kent
Walter R. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 16, b. Ramsgate
Frances S. SACKETT, dau, 12, b. Ramsgate
Edward A. SACKETT, son, 10, b. Ramsgate
Amy A. SACKETT, dau, 5, b. Ramsgate
Margaret U. SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/731/f15
7 Turner St, Ramsgate, Kent
James Hunter, head, married, 54, general lab, b. Ramsgate
Sarah Hunter, wife, 45, b. Minster
Frances Sarah Sackett, dau, unm, 23, b. Ramsgate
Edward A Sackett, son, unm, 20, general lab, b. Ramsgate
Amy A Sackett, dau, 15, b. Ramsgate
Margaret M Sackett, dau, 12, b. Ramsgate
Albina F Sackett, gdau, 4 months, b. Ramsgate.
- "British Army Service Records, 1760–1915", digital image, Findmypast.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Edward Arthur Sackett, husband, 39, married, stevedore in coal trade, worker, b. Ramsgate
Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 37, m. 16y, 6 ch, 5 living, b. Margate
Amy Matilda Louisa Sackett, dau, 15, b. Ramsgate
Rose Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 14, school, b. Ramsgate
Edward Samuel Richard Sackett, son, 9, b. Ramsgate
Kitty Ena May Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate
Olive Mary Alexandra Sackett, dau, 10 months, b. Ramsgate
Amy Annie Wilkinson, sister, 34, widow, ["m. 6y, no ch" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Herbert William Gibbs, brother-in-law, 31, single, coal labourer, worker, b. Margate
Olive Mercy Pierce, niece, 21, m. 2y, ["1 ch, none living" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Frederick Pierce, nephew, 23, m. 2y, 1 ch, none living, naval stoker, H M Navy, worker, b. Margate.
|Last Edited||16 November 2016|