Edward Samuel Richard Sackett
|Father||Edward Arthur Sackett (1870-1914)|
|Mother||Isabella Elizabeth Gibbs (c 1873-)|
In 1911 Edward was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Edward and Isabella, and was recorded in the census as Edward Samuel Richard Sackett, aged nine and born in Ramsgate.11
In 1921 he was living at 10 Judith Villas, Clements Road, St Lawrence in ThanetG, in the household of his mother Isabella and stepfather Alfred Brown, and was recorded as Edward Sackett, a farm labourer, aged 19.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Edward and Doris were living at 3 Edith Cottages, RamsgateG. Edward was a general labourer. Their daughter Rose was living with them.13
Children of Edward Samuel Richard Sackett and Doris Lilian Pidduck
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1902. Sackett, Edward Samuel Richard. Mother: Gibbs. Thanet. 2a:1029."
- Father's army records.
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Paul, Ramsgate, "10 June 1903 Edward Samuel Richard s. Edward Arthur & Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, 8 Frederick Place, Hereson, railway porter."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Mar qtr 1982. Sackett, Edward Samuel R, b. 4 Apr 1902. Thanet. 16:2051."
- Marriages Register, St Luke, Ramsgate, "26 December 1921 Edward Arthur [sic: Edward Samuel] Sackett, 19, bachelor, labourer, of 10 Clements Road, s. Edward Arthur Sackett, dec'd, porter; & Doris Lilian Pidduck, 19, spinster, of 10 Clements Road, d. George Pidduck, farm labourer. Banns. [Both signed]. Witnesses: Frederick Pierce, RN, Kathleen Florence Jordan."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1921. Sackett, Edward A. Spouse: Pidduck. Thanet. 2a:2562."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1921. Pidduck, Doris L. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:2562."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1903. Pidduck, Doris Lilian. Mother: Fuller. Thanet. 2a:1039."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006" (Findmypast transcript), "Sep qtr 1980. Sackett, Doris Lillian, b. 8 Sep 1903. Thanet. 16:1640."
- 1911 England census
Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Edward Arthur Sackett, husband, 39, married, stevedore in coal trade, worker, b. Ramsgate
Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 37, m. 16y, 6 ch, 5 living, b. Margate
Amy Matilda Louisa Sackett, dau, 15, b. Ramsgate
Rose Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 14, school, b. Ramsgate
Edward Samuel Richard Sackett, son, 9, b. Ramsgate
Kitty Ena May Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate
Olive Mary Alexandra Sackett, dau, 10 months, b. Ramsgate
Amy Annie Wilkinson, sister, 34, widow, ["m. 6y, no ch" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Herbert William Gibbs, brother-in-law, 31, single, coal labourer, worker, b. Margate
Olive Mercy Pierce, niece, 21, m. 2y, ["1 ch, none living" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Frederick Pierce, nephew, 23, m. 2y, 1 ch, none living, naval stoker, H M Navy, worker, b. Margate.
- 1921 England census
10 Judith Villas, Clements Road, St Lawrence Intra, Kent
Alfred Peter Brown, head, 44y 5m, married, b. Brixton, London, general labourer, Kent County Council, Ramsgate, Sarre Road
Isabella Elizabeth Brown, wife, 46y 4m, married, b. Margate, Kent, home duties
Edward Sackett, step-son, 19y 2m, single, b. Ramsgate, Kent, general labourer, Pearse, farmer, Minster, Kent
Kitty Sackett, step-daughter, 14y, father dead, b. Ramsgate
Olive Sackett, step-daughter, 11y, father dead, b. Ramsgate.
- "1939 Register" (Findmypast image), Sackett household, 3 Edith Cottages, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1768A/013/42, Edward S R Sackett, b. 4 Apr 1902, married, general labourer, heavy worker; RG101/1768A/013/43, Doris L Sackett, b. 8 Sep 1903, married, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/1768A/013/44, Rose D L Sackett, b. 2 Apr 1922, single, seeking work.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||18 Nov 2022|