Edward Samuel Richard Sackett
|Father||Edward Arthur Sackett (1870-1914)|
|Mother||Isabella Elizabeth Gibbs (c 1873-)|
In 1911 Edward was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Edward and Isabella, and was recorded in the census as Edward Samuel Richard Sackett, aged nine and born in Ramsgate.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Edward and Doris were living at 3 Edith Cottages, RamsgateG. Edward was a general labourer. Their daughter Rose was living with them.12
Children of Edward Samuel Richard Sackett and Doris Lilian Pidduck
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1902. Sackett, Edward Samuel Richard. Mother: Gibbs. Thanet. 2a:1029."
- Father's army records.
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Paul, Ramsgate, "10 June 1903 Edward Samuel Richard s. Edward Arthur & Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, 8 Frederick Place, Hereson, railway porter."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar qtr 1982. Sackett, Edward Samuel R, b. 4 Apr 1902. Thanet. 16:2051."
- Marriages Register, St Luke, Ramsgate, "26 December 1921 Edward Arthur [sic: Edward Samuel] Sackett, 19, bachelor, labourer, of 10 Clements Road, s. Edward Arthur Sackett, dec'd, porter; & Doris Lilian Pidduck, 19, spinster, of 10 Clements Road, d. George Pidduck, farm labourer. Banns. [Both signed]. Witnesses: Frederick Pierce, RN, Kathleen Florence Jordan."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1921. Sackett, Edward A. Spouse: Pidduck. Thanet. 2a:2562."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1921. Pidduck, Doris L. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:2562."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1903. Pidduck, Doris Lilian. Mother: Fuller. Thanet. 2a:1039."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Sep qtr 1980. Sackett, Doris Lillian, b. 8 Sep 1903. Thanet. 16:1640."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Edward Arthur Sackett, husband, 39, married, stevedore in coal trade, worker, b. Ramsgate
Isabella Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 37, m. 16y, 6 ch, 5 living, b. Margate
Amy Matilda Louisa Sackett, dau, 15, b. Ramsgate
Rose Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 14, school, b. Ramsgate
Edward Samuel Richard Sackett, son, 9, b. Ramsgate
Kitty Ena May Sackett, dau, 4, b. Ramsgate
Olive Mary Alexandra Sackett, dau, 10 months, b. Ramsgate
Amy Annie Wilkinson, sister, 34, widow, ["m. 6y, no ch" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Herbert William Gibbs, brother-in-law, 31, single, coal labourer, worker, b. Margate
Olive Mercy Pierce, niece, 21, m. 2y, ["1 ch, none living" struck through], b. Ramsgate
Frederick Pierce, nephew, 23, m. 2y, 1 ch, none living, naval stoker, H M Navy, worker, b. Margate.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 3 Edith Cottages, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1768A/013/42, Edward S R Sackett, b. 4 Apr 1902, married, general labourer, heavy worker; RG101/1768A/013/43, Doris L Sackett, b. 8 Sep 1903, married, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/1768A/013/44, Rose D L Sackett, b. 2 Apr 1922, single, seeking work.
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|