|Father||Pliny Sacket (1753-1830)|
|Mother||Elisabeth Kellogg (-1807)|
Pliny removed from Southwick, Massachusetts, to the far north-west of New York State, when a young man, and it may be assumed that he married there and that Nancy had their children there. Weygant, The Sacketts of America, records a further move west to Berrien County, Michigan, in 1838. Pliny returned to his birthplace in his last years.
Pliny was listed in the 1830 census as a householder in Sodus, Wayne County, New York StateG.8
In 1850 Pliny was living in Boston, Erie County, New York StateG, in the household of Daniel Pick, a tavern keeper, and was recorded in the census as Pliney Sackett, a laborer, aged 60 and born in Massachusetts.9
613. Pliny Sacket, 17__–18__, of Southwick, Mass., Boston Center, Erie County, N. Y., and Berien County, Mich., son of (192) Pliny and Elizabeth Kellogg Sacket, was married, in 1814, to Nancy Bartlett, daughter of Christopher Bartlett. The family removed from Boston Center, N. Y., to Berien County, Mich., in 1838, shipping their household goods by water from Buffalo to Chicago, and transporting them from thence in wagons to Berien Co., Mich., where Mrs. Sacket died in 1841, leaving surviving her husband and six of their seven
1383. Isaac Sacket, b. in 1817, d. in 1856.
1384. Samuel Sacket, b. in 1819, d. in 1838, unmarried.
1385. Maryette Sacket, b. in 1821; m. Hiram Roodrich.
1386. Edwin Sacket, b. 1823, d. in 1896; m. Elizabeth Hall.
1387. Chauncey Sacket, b. in 1826, d. in 1890; m. Widow Miles.
1388. Kirkland Sacket, b. in 1831; m. Nancy Henery.
Children of Pliny Sacket and Nancy Bartlett
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "613. Pliny Sacket, d. in year 1853; m. Nancy Bartlett."
- Royal Sackett (1784–1859), Family Bible Records, "Plinney Sacket b. 5 Jul 1786."
- Death record.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, Southwick, v84, p236, death, "Feb 11? 1854, Pliney Sackett, 68, at Southwick, male, laborer, b. Southwick, s. Pliney Sackett, [cause blank]."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, "10 Feb 1854, Pliney Sackett, 68, laborer, bur. Southwick, typhoid fever, b. Southwick, [parents blank]."
- Springfield Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts), digital image, GenealogyBank, 16 Feb 1854, p 2, "Died. At Southwick, 11th, Pliny Sackett, 58."
- Hampshire Gazette (Northampton, Massachusetts), digital image, GenealogyBank, 21 Feb 1854, p 3, "Died. In Southwick, Feb. 11, Pliny Sackett, aged 58."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Pliny Sacket, Sodus, Wayne County, New York State."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 500, p 17b
Boston, Erie, New York
Sackett, Pliney, 60, laborer, b. MA.
[In household of Daniel Pick, tavern keeper]
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2464|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2022|