|Father||Moses Sacket (1743-1813)|
|Mother||Eunice Cadwell (1749-1842)|
John was listed in the census in 1810, 1820, and 1830 as a householder in WestfieldG.10,11,12
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 17 April 1812. He had already been provided for by his father, presumably in the form of land. He was left an amount of $150 (his brothers Erastus and Israel, not previously provided for, were left $800 each.)13
John made his will in WestfieldG on 16 July 1839. His wife Rachel was left the usual widow's third, all the household goods, and one cow. He left each of his married daughters, Roxana and Eunice, $1. The rest of his estate was to go to his son Orren subject to Orren providing a home and maintenance for John's unmarried daughters, Anne, Cordelia A, Clarissa, and Melissa. The will was proved on 1 October 1839.13
Date: 16 Jul 1839.
Probate: first Tue of Oct 1839.
Wife Rachel, one-third of estate during lifetime, all household goods, & 1 cow.
Dau Roxana, wife of Nathan Noble, $1.
Dau Eunice, wife of William Noble, $1.
Son Oren D, rest of estate, real & personal, subject to providing a home & maintenance for daus Anne, Cordelia A, Clarissa, & Melissa.
Executor: Norman T Leonard.
Witnesses: Jabez Moore, Eunice Sackett, Lydia Mallory.
502. John Sacket, 1781–1839, of Westfield, Mass., son of (169) Moses and Eunice Cadwell Sacket, was married, Nov. 26, 1807, to Rachel Morse, 1784–1856, daughter of Chester Morse and his wife Rachel Wood.
1116. Eunice Sacket, b. July 1, 1810; m. William Noble.
1117. Anna Sacket, b. Mar. 28, 1812, d. Feb. 12, 1853; m. Nathan Noble.
1118. Orren Sacket, b. Oct. 26, 1814, d. Feb. 21, 1886; , M. Morse and J. Ensign.
1119. Roxana Sacket, b. Jan. 19, 1819, d. May 11, 1892; m. Nathan Noble.
1120. Cordelia Sacket, b. Jan. 22, 1821; m. (1126) Heman Sacket, Jr.
1121. Clarissa Sacket, b. July 24, 1826; m. Aaron W. Dewey.
1122. Melissa Sacket, b. June 11, 1828, d. Apr. 23, 1853; m. Isaac Tirrell.
Children of John Sacket and Rachel Morse
- William Sacket b. 25 Sep 1808, d. 24 Oct 1836
- Eunice Sacket b. 1 Jul 1810, d. 3 Sep 1897
- Anna Sacket+ b. 28 Mar 1812, d. 12 Feb 1853
- Orren D Sacket b. 26 Oct 1814, d. 21 Feb 1886
- Roxana Sacket b. 19 Jan 1819, d. 11 May 1842
- Cordelia A Sacket+ b. 22 Jan 1821, d. 8 Apr 1902
- Clarissa Sacket+ b. 24 Jul 1826, d. 23 May 1899
- Melissa Sacket+ b. 11 Jun 1828, d. May 1853
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:176.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, John, s. Mosses & Eunice Cadwell, b. Mar. 30, 1781."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "502. John Sacket, b. in year 1781, d. Aug. 6, 1839; m. Rachel Morse."
- Find a Grave.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:300 25 October 1807 marriage intentions.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "John Sacket 2nd of W. and Rachel Morse of Russell; m. Nov. 25, 1807."
- Death record.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v102, p239, death, "1856 Dec 26, Rachel Sackett, 72-8-11, at Westfield, widow, b. W Springfield, d. Nathan & Rachel Morse, lung fever."
- 1810 United States census
"John Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1820 United States census
"John Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1830 United States census
"John Sackett, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image).
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
William Noble & Eunice Sacket relationship chart
Heman Sacket & Cordelia Sacket relationship chart
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2021|