Cordelia A Sacket
|Father||John Sacket (1781-1839)|
|Mother||Rachel Morse (1784-1856)|
Cordelia was named in her father's will made in WestfieldG on 16 July 1839. The estate was to go to her brother Orren subject to Orren providing home and maintenance for her and her other unmarried sisters.5
In 1850 Cordelia was living in WestfieldG in the household of her husband Heman, and was recorded in the census as Cordelia A Sackett, aged 29. Their daughter Jane, age five, was living with them.6
In 1860 she was living in WestfieldG in the household of her husband Heman, and was recorded as Cordelia A Sackett, aged 38. Their daughter Jane, now known as Jennie, aged 14, was living with them.7
In 1880 she was living at Grosvenor Street, SpringfieldG, in the household of her daughter Jennie and son-in-law Edward Bacon, and was recorded as Cordelia A Sackett, a widow, aged 58.8
In 1900 she was living at Hebron Street, SpringfieldG, in the household of her widowed son-in-law Edward Bacon, and was recorded as Cordelia A Sackett, a widow, aged 78.9
Children of Cordelia A Sacket and Heman Sacket
- John H Sackett b. 3 Nov 1837, d. 3 Aug 1849
- Jane Aurelia "Jennie" Sackett+ b. 14 Aug 1845, d. 31 Jan 1898
- Unnamed male Sacket b. 5 Nov 1847, d. 4 Aug 1849
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1120. Cordelia Sacket, b. Jan. 22, 1821; m. (1126) Heman Sacket, Jr."
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v529, p173, death, "1902 Apr 8, Cordelia A (Sacket) Sacket, widow of Herman Sacket, 80y 9m, heart disease, of Springfield, at Springfield, burial Westfield, occ. "at home", b. Westfield, d. John Sackett & unknown, father b. Westfield."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1126. Heman Sacket, Jr., b. in 1819, d. Sept. 26, 1867; m. (1120) Cordelia Sacket."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Heman Sacket Jr. of W. and Cordelia A. Sacket of W; m. Jan. --, 1841."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image).
- 1850 United States census
Roll 318, p 189b
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, Heman, 31, grocer, b. MA
Sacket, Cordelia A, 29, b. MA
Sacket, Jane A, 5, b. MA.
- 1860 United States census
Page 817, FHL film 803502
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, Hiram, 40, whip maker, personal estate $3000, b. MA
Sacket, Cordelia A, 38, b. MA
Sacket, Jennie, 14, b. MA.
- 1880 United States census
FHL 1254536, NA T9-0536/24B
Grosvenor Street, Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Bacon, Edward G, head, married, 35, soap manfr, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Bacon, Jennie, wife, 34, keeping house, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Bacon, Etta, dau, 3/12, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Cordelia A, mother-in-law, widow, 58, at home, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
- 1900 United States census
Page 1, Enumeration District 0570, FHL microfilm 1240651
Hebron Street, Springfield Ward 1, Hampden, Massachusetts, 1 Jun 1900
Bacon, Edward G, head, b. Mar 1845, 55, wd, day laborer, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, home rented
Bacon, Etta M, daughter, b. Feb 1880, 20, sales lady (candy), b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Sackett, Cordelia A, mother-in-law, b. Jun 1821, 78, wd, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Noyes, Arthur L, boarder, b. Oct 1877, 22, salesman (grocer), b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. NH.
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Heman Sacket & Cordelia Sacket relationship chart
|Last Edited||3 Dec 2021|