|Father||Samuel Sacket (1674-1709)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Bissell (c 1675-)|
Children of Samuel Sacket and Ruth Trumble
59. Samuel Sacket, 1704–1760, of Westfield and Sheffield in Mass., son of (14) Samuel and Elisabeth Bissell Sacket, was married in Nov. 1738, to Ruth Trumble.
Imprimus, I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Ruth the improvement of one third part of my estate both Real and Personal, during her natural life, and then go to the children, my son Samuel to have a double part. I will that my wife have the improvement of one third of my house barn and orchard in her third part. I also give to my wife Five pounds beside her thirds.
Item, I give to my well beloved son Samuel two fifth parts of the remainder of my estate Real and Personal. And he to have my house barn and orchard in his part after my wife has done with them.
Item, I give to my beloved daughter Thankful one fifth part of my estate Real and Personal, in such manner as is consistent with that what I have given my son, and also Thankful to have a feather bed above what her sisters have.
Item, I give to my well beloved daughter Abigail one fifth part of my estate Real and Personal in such manner as is consistent with what I have given my wife and son & co.
Item, I give to my well beloved daughter Rachel one fifth part of my estate Real and Personal in such manner as is consistent with what I have given my wife and son &co.
N.B.—My debts to be paid out of my estate first of all, by my executors and then each to have their part. Likewise I constitute make and ordain my well beloved wife Ruth the sole executrix of this my last Will and Testament.
233. Thankful Sacket, b. Jan. 29, 1742.
234. Abigail Sacket, b. Apr. 27, 1745.
235. Rachel Sacket, b. Dec. 23, 1747.
236. Samuel Sacket, b. Oct. 29, 1750.
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 137|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "59. Samuel Sacket, b. in 1704, d. in 1760; m. Ruth Trumbell."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:120.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Samuel, s. Samuell & Elizabeth, b. Nov. 20, 1704."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1704 Sacket, Elizabeth d. Samuel & Elizabeth, 9 mo 26 d." [This baptism record for Elizabeth is taken, by the date, to refer to Samuel; possibly an error in the register caused by the confusion of the parents and children having the same names, or a transcription error in the database]
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:172, 21 October 1738 marriage intentions filed: Samuel Sacket & Ruth Trumble.
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Samuel, of Westfield, & Ruth Trumble, d. John, of Suffield; Int. Pub., Oct. 23, 1738, of Westfield, m. Ruth Trumble, of Suffield, Nov. 9, 1738. Suffield Vital Records, 1:121."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Samuel Sacket of W. and Ruth Trumble of W; m. [date blank]."
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||20 June 2019|