Samuel Henry Sackett
|Father||Henry Samuel Sackett (1811-1885)|
|Mother||Martha Paterson (1816-1896)|
In 1851 Samuel was living at 3 Castle Street, St George, Camberwell, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Samuel Sackett, aged 7, born in Bermondsey, the son of Martha Sackett.10
In 1871 he was living at 3 Acre Street, Newington, LondonG, and was recorded as Samuel Sackett, a leather shaver, head of household, married, aged 27. Living with him were his wife Emma, 29, and their children, Emma, 5, and Harry, aged two.11
In 1881 Samuel's widow Emma was living at 60 Henshaw Street, Newington, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, a machinist, head of household, a widow, aged 39, and born in London. Living with her were her children, Emma, 15, and Harry, aged 12.12
In 1891 she was living at 41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, LondonG, and was recorded as Emma Sackett, a mantle machinist, head of household, a widow, aged 48 and born in Newington, London. Living with her were her sons, William, 19, and Samuel, 17. Also in the household was a male lodger.13
More information on Samuel Henry Sackett is found in Saga 5: My Leather Workers by Marion Sackett, Samuel's great-granddaughter.
Children of Samuel Henry Sackett and Emma Rosetta Roberts
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1844. Sackett, Samuel Henry. Mother: Patterson. Bermondsey. 4:6."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO 107/1582/f345v
Camberwell, St.George, Surrey
3 Castle St.
Martha SACKETT, wife, 33, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Henry SACKETT, son, 15, trimmer felmonger, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
James SACKETT, son, 13, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Edward SACKETT, son, 11, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Samuel SACKETT, son, 7, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[illegible] SACKETT, son, 7 months, b. Surrey, Camberwell.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1880. Sackett, Samuel Henry, 36. Camberwell. 1d:447."
- Marriages Register, St James, Bermondsey, Surrey, "1 August 1864 Samuel Henry Sackett, bachelor, full age, leather shaver, of Long Lane, & Emma Roberts, spinster, full age, of Long Lane. Fathers: Henry Samuel Sackett, fellmonger; Thomas William Roberts, hatter."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1864. Sackett, Samuel Henry. Bermondsey. 1d:74."
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1841. Roberts, Emma Rosetta. Mother: Warburton. Bermondsey. 4:36."
- Marriages Register, St John, Walworth, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "25 December 1891, Henry Charles Raper, 68? [?48 overwritten as 68], widower, book-binder, of 26 Richmond Ct, father: Henry Raper, deceased; and Emma Rosetta Sackett, 48, widow, of 26 Richmond, father: William Roberts, deceased. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George Bailey, Rosina Bailey."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1891. Sackett, Emma Bertha. St Saviour. 1d:368."
"Dec qtr 1891. Raper, Henry Charles. St Saviour. 1d:368."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 3 Castle St., St. George, Camberwell, Surrey
Martha Sackett, wife, 33, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 15, trimmer felmonger, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
James Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Edward Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Samuel Sackett, son, 7, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[illegible] Sackett, son, 7 months, b. Surrey, Camberwell
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10; Piece: 619; Folio: 67; Page: 25; GSU roll: 818919
3 Acre Street, St Mary Newington, London
Samuel Sackett, head, married, 27, leather shaver, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emma Sackett, wife, 29, b. Surrey, Southwark
Emma Sackett, dau, 5, b. Surrey, Southwark
Harry Sackett, son, 2, b. Saxony, Dresden.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341121, PRO RG11/0536/93/23
60 Henshaw St
Emma Sackett, head, widow, 39, b. London, Middlesex, machinist
Emma Sackett, dau, 15, b. Newington, Surrey, machinist
Harry Sackett, son, 12, b. Dresden (B S), Germany, scholar.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 485, folio 98, p. 59, GSU roll 6095595
41 Cowan St, Camberwell, London
Emma Sackett, head, wid, 48, mantle machinist, b. London, Newington
Willm Sackett, son, single, 19, mineral water machine minder, b. London, Camberwell
Saml Sackett, son, 17, mineral water labourer, b. London, Bermondsey
Henry Raper, lodger, married, 35, bookbinder, b. London, Islington.
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||30 Nov 2016|