Samuel Henry Sackett
|Father||Henry Samuel Sackett (1811-1885)|
|Mother||Martha Paterson (1816-1896)|
In 1851 Samuel was living at 3 Castle Street, St George, Camberwell, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Samuel Sackett, aged 7, born in Bermondsey, the son of Martha Sackett.10
In 1871 he was living at 3 Acre Street, Newington, LondonG, and was recorded as Samuel Sackett, a leather shaver, head of household, married, aged 27. Living with him were his wife Emma, 29, and their children, Emma, 5, and Harry, aged two.11
In 1881 Samuel's widow Emma was living at 60 Henshaw Street, Newington, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, a machinist, head of household, a widow, aged 39, and born in London. Living with her were her children, Emma, 15, and Harry, aged 12.12
In 1891 she was living at 41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, LondonG, and was recorded as Emma Sackett, a mantle machinist, head of household, a widow, aged 48 and born in Newington, London. Living with her were her sons, William, 19, and Samuel, 17. Also in the household was a male lodger, Henry Raper, who Emma later married.13
In 1901 Emma, aged 58, was living at 41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, LondonG, with her husband Henry Raper, 67. Her son Samuel, 27, and granddaughter Charlotte Simmons, aged eleven, were living with them.14
More information on Samuel Henry Sackett is found in Saga 5: My Leather Workers by Marion Sackett, Samuel's great-granddaughter.
Children of Samuel Henry Sackett and Emma Rosetta Roberts
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1844. Sackett, Samuel Henry. Mother: Patterson. Bermondsey. 4:6."
- 1851 England census
Camberwell, St.George, Surrey
3 Castle St.
Martha SACKETT, wife, 33, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Henry SACKETT, son, 15, trimmer felmonger, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
James SACKETT, son, 13, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Edward SACKETT, son, 11, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Samuel SACKETT, son, 7, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[illegible] SACKETT, son, 7 months, b. Surrey, Camberwell.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1880. Sackett, Samuel Henry, 36. Camberwell. 1d:447."
- Marriages Register, St James, Bermondsey, Surrey, "1 August 1864 Samuel Henry Sackett, bachelor, full age, leather shaver, of Long Lane, & Emma Roberts, spinster, full age, of Long Lane. Fathers: Henry Samuel Sackett, fellmonger; Thomas William Roberts, hatter."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1864. Sackett, Samuel Henry. Bermondsey. 1d:74."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index" (Ancestry image), "Mar qtr 1841. Roberts, Emma Rosetta. Mother: Warburton. Bermondsey. 4:36."
- Marriages Register, St John, Walworth, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "25 December 1891, Henry Charles Raper, 68? [?48 overwritten as 68], widower, book-binder, of 26 Richmond Ct, father: Henry Raper, deceased; and Emma Rosetta Sackett, 48, widow, of 26 Richmond, father: William Roberts, deceased. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George Bailey, Rosina Bailey."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1891. Sackett, Emma Bertha. St Saviour. 1d:368."
"Dec qtr 1891. Raper, Henry Charles. St Saviour. 1d:368."
- 1851 England census
3 Castle St., St. George, Camberwell, Surrey
Martha Sackett, wife, 33, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 15, trimmer felmonger, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
James Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Edward Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Samuel Sackett, son, 7, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[illegible] Sackett, son, 7 months, b. Surrey, Camberwell
- 1871 England census
RG10; Piece: 619; Folio: 67; Page: 25; GSU roll: 818919
3 Acre Street, St Mary Newington, London
Samuel Sackett, head, married, 27, leather shaver, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Emma Sackett, wife, 29, b. Surrey, Southwark
Emma Sackett, dau, 5, b. Surrey, Southwark
Harry Sackett, son, 2, b. Saxony, Dresden.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341121, PRO RG11/0536/93/23
60 Henshaw St
Emma Sackett, head, widow, 39, b. London, Middlesex, machinist
Emma Sackett, dau, 15, b. Newington, Surrey, machinist
Harry Sackett, son, 12, b. Dresden (B S), Germany, scholar.
- 1891 England census
RG12, piece 485, folio 98, p. 59, GSU roll 6095595
41 Cowan St, Camberwell, London
Emma Sackett, head, wid, 48, mantle machinist, b. London, Newington
Willm Sackett, son, single, 19, mineral water machine minder, b. London, Camberwell
Saml Sackett, son, 17, mineral water labourer, b. London, Bermondsey
Henry Raper, lodger, married, 35, bookbinder, b. London, Islington.
- 1901 England census
41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, London
Henry C Roper, head, married, 67, bookbinder sprinkler, worker, b. Islington
Emma R Roper, wife, 58, b. Bermondsey
Samuel Sackett, stepson, single, 27, incandescent gas fitter, b. Bermondsey, London
Charlotte J Simmons, g-dau, 11, b. Camberwell.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||9 Aug 2022|