William James Sackett
|Father||Samuel Henry Sackett (1844-1880)|
|Mother||Emma Rosetta Roberts (1841-)|
In 1891 William was living at 41 Cowan Street, Camberwell, LondonG, in the household of his widowed mother Emma, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a mineral water machine minder, single, aged 19 and born in Camberwell.10
In 1911 he was living at 130 Camberweill Road, Camberwell, LondonG, and was recorded as William James Sackett, a lamp attendant for the gas company, head of household, aged 39 and born in Camberwell. Living with him were his wife Caroline, 37, and their daughters, Phyllis, 4, and Dorothy, aged nine months.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, William and Caroline were living at Jesse Dene, Brentford Avenue, Billericay, EssexG. William was a retired gas collector.2
Administration of the residue of William's estate in the amount of £40 was granted on 27 July 1946 to his widow Caroline.12
Children of William James Sackett and Caroline "Carrie" Wolsey
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1872. Sackett, William James. Camberwell. 1d:729."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Jesse Dene, Brentford Avenue, Billericay U D, Essex: RG101/1480D/003/43, William J Sackett, b. 1 Mar 1872, married, gas collector retired; RG101/1480D/003/44, Caroline Sackett, b. 8 Feb 1874, married, unpaid domestic duties.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1940. Sackett, William J, 68. Brentwood."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1900. Sackett, William James. Camberwell. 1d:1433."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1900. Wolsey, Caroline. Camberwell. 1d:1433."
- Marriages Register, St George, Camberwell, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "23 June 1900, William James Sackett, 28, bachelor, gas-fitter, of 52 Neate Street, father: Samuel Sackett (deceased), furrier; and Caroline Wolsey, 26, spinster, of 2 Southampton Street, father: Frederick Wolsey (deceased), builder. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Edith Clarke, Samuel Sackett."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1956. Sackett, Caroline, 82. Lewisham."
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 485, folio 98, p. 59, GSU roll 6095595
41 Cowan St, Camberwell, London
Emma Sackett, head, wid, 48, mantle machinist, b. London, Newington
Willm Sackett, son, single, 19, mineral water machine minder, b. London, Camberwell
Saml Sackett, son, 17, mineral water labourer, b. London, Bermondsey
Henry Raper, lodger, married, 35, bookbinder, b. London, Islington.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 130 Camberwell Rd, London SE
William James Sackett, head, 39, married, lamp attendant, Gas Company, worker, b. Camberwell
Caroline Sackett, wife, 37, m. 11y, 2 ch, both living, b. Camberwell
Phyllis Edith Sackett, dau, 4, b. Camberwell
Dorothy Emma Sackett, dau, 9 months, b. Camberwell.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett William James of Jessendene Brentford-avenue Brentford Essex died 1 January 1940 at Billericay Hospital Brentwood Essex Administration London 27 July 1946 to Caroline Sackett widow. Effects £40."
|Last Edited||21 February 2016|