Charles William Sackett
|Father||Samuel Henry Sackett (1844-1880)|
|Mother||Emma Rosetta Roberts (1841-)|
In 1871 Charles was living at 23 Grange Road, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandfather Henry Sackett, a fellmonger, and was recorded in the census as Charles Sackett, aged one and born in Peckham, Surrey.7
In 1881 he was living at 29 Pages Walk, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandparents Henry and Martha Sackett, and was recorded as Chas. W. Sackett, a scholar, aged 11, and born in Camberwell, Surrey.8
In 1891 he was living at 70 Upper Grange Road, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandmother Martha Sackett, and was recorded as Charles Sackett, a traveller, single, aged 21, and born in Camberwell.9
In 1901 he was living at 85 Neate Street, CamberwellG, and was recorded as Charles W Sackett, a self-employed confectioner baker, head of household, married, aged 31. Living with him were his wife Rose (incorrectly recorded as May), 25, and their children, May, 4, and Ada, aged two.10
In 1911 he was living at 134 Brayards Road, Peckham, LondonG, and was recorded as Charles W Sackett, a lamplighter of public street gas lamps, South Metropolitan Gas Company, aged 41 and born in Camberwell. Living with him were his wife Rose, 38, and their children, Mary, 14, and Ada, aged 12.11
In 1921 he was living at 134 Brayards Road, CamberwellG, and was recorded as Charles William Sackett, a gas collector, head of household, aged 51. Living with him were his wife Rose, 47, and their children, May, 24, Ada, 22, and Frank, aged five.12
Administration of Charles's estate was granted on 11 January 1926 to his widow Rose and their daughter Ada. His estate was valued at £699.13
Administration of Charles's widow Rose's estate was granted on 14 January 1954 to their son Frank. Her estate was valued at £352.14
Children of Charles William Sackett and Rose R Brooker
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1870. Sackett, Charles Alfred. Mother: Roberts. Camberwell. 1d:730."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1925. Sackett, Charles W, 55. Camberwell. 1d:969."
- Probate record.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Jun qtr 1896. Sackett, Charles William. Camberwell. 1d:1567."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1953. Sackett, Rose, 82. Wandsworth."
- 1871 England census
23 Grange Rd, St Mary Mag., Bermondsey, Surrey
Henry Sackett, head, married, 59, fellmonger, b. Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, wife, 54, b. Bermondsey
Charles Sackett, gson, 17 [probably an error for "1y"], b. Peckham, Surrey.
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341127, PRO RG11/0561/11/15
29 Pages Walk
Henry S. SACKETT, head, married, 69, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, fellmonger
Martha SACKETT, wife, 64, b. Bermondsey
Chas. W. SACKETT, grandson, 11, b. Camberwell, Surrey, scholar.
- 1891 England census
70 Upper Grange Rd, Bermondsey, Surrey (2 rooms)
Martha Sackett, head, widow, 74, b. Bermondsey, infirm
Charles Sackett, gson, single, 21, traveller (employed), b. Camberwell.
- 1901 England census
85 Neate Street (St Mark's), Camberwell, London
Charles W SACKETT, head, married, 31, confectioner baker, own account, b. Camberwell
May R SACKETT, wife, 25, b. Walworth, London
May R SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Peckham, London
Ada E SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Walworth.
- 1911 England census
134 Brazard Rd, Peckham, London SE
Charles W Sackett, head, 41, married, lamplighter of public street gas lamps, South Metropolitan Gas Co, worker, b. Camberwell, London SE
Rose R Sackett, wife, 38, m. 15y, 2 ch, both living, b. Walworth, London SE
May R Sackett, dau, 14, assistant to dressmaker, worker, b. Camberwell
Ada E Sackett, dau, 12, school, b. Walworth.
- 1921 England census
134 Brayard Road, Camberwell, London
Charles William Sackett, head, 51y 7m, married, b. Camberwell, gas collector, South Metropolitan Gas Co, Old Kent Rd
Rose Rosetta Sackett, wife, 47y 9m, married, b. Walworth, London, at home
May Rose Sackett, daughter, 24y 8m, single, b. Peckham, London, gentlemans hosiery, Private, 9 Kumberley Rd, Nunhead
Ada Elizabeth Sackett, daughter, 22y 3m, single, b. Walworth, London, furrier, Blankett & Gee, 23 Wardour St, London, W
Frank Charles William Sackett, son, 5y 4m, both parents alive, b. Peckham, London.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Charles William of 134 Brayards-road Peckham Surrey died 9 December 1925 Administration London 11 January 1926 to Rose Sackett widow and Ada Elizabeth Sackett spinster. Effects £699 13s. 8d."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Rose of 103a Honor Oak Park Forest Hill London widow died 23 October 1953 at The Hostel of God Clapham Common London Administration London 14 January 1954 to Frank Charles Sackett departmental manager. Effects £352 4s. 7d."
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2022|