Charles William Sackett
|Father||Samuel Henry Sackett (1844-1880)|
|Mother||Emma Rosetta Roberts (1841-)|
In 1871 Charles was living at 23 Grange Road, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandfather Henry Sackett, a fellmonger, and was recorded in the census as Charles Sackett, aged 17 [probably a transcription error for "1y"], and born in Peckham, Surrey.7
In 1881 he was living at 29 Pages Walk, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandparents Henry and Martha Sackett, and was recorded as Chas. W. Sackett, a scholar, aged 11, and born in Camberwell, Surrey.8
In 1891 he was living at 70 Upper Grange Road, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his grandmother Martha Sackett, and was recorded as Charles Sackett, a traveller, single, aged 21, and born in Camberwell.9
In 1901 he was living at 85 Neate Street, CamberwellG, and was recorded as Charles W Sackett, a self-employed confectioner baker, head of household, married, aged 31. Living with him were his wife Rose (incorrectly recorded as May), 25, and their children, May, 4, and Ada, aged two.10
In 1911 he was living at 134 Brazard Road, Peckham, LondonG, and was recorded as Charles W Sackett, a lamplighter of public street gas lamps, South Metropolitan Gas Company, aged 41 and born in Camberwell. Living with him were his wife Rose, 38, and their children, Mary, 14, and Ada, aged 12.11
Administration of Charles's estate was granted on 11 January 1926 to his widow Rose and their daughter Ada. His estate was valued at £699.12
Administration of Charles's widow Rose's estate was granted on 14 January 1954 to their son Frank. Her estate was valued at £352.13
Children of Charles William Sackett and Rose R Brooker
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1870. Sackett, Charles Alfred. Mother: Roberts. Camberwell. 1d:730."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1925. Sackett, Charles W, 55. Camberwell. 1d:969."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1896. Sackett, Charles William. Camberwell. 1d:1567."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1953. Sackett, Rose, 82. Wandsworth."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/629/f134
23 Grange Rd, St Mary Mag., Bermondsey, Surrey
Henry Sackett, head, married, 55, fellmonger, b. Bermondsey
Martha Sackett, wife, 54, b. Bermondsey
Charles Sackett, gson, 17, b. Peckham, Surrey.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341127, PRO RG11/0561/11/15
29 Pages Walk
Henry S. SACKETT, head, married, 69, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, fellmonger
Martha SACKETT, wife, 64, b. Bermondsey
Chas. W. SACKETT, grandson, 11, b. Camberwell, Surrey, scholar.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/372
70 Upper Grange Rd, Bermondsey, Surrey (2 rooms)
Martha Sackett, head, widow, 74, b. Bermondsey, infirm
Charles Sackett, gson, single, 21, traveller (employed), b. Camberwell.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 520/73v
85 Neate Street (St Mark's), Camberwell, London
Charles W SACKETT, head, married, 31, confectioner baker, own account, b. Camberwell
May R SACKETT, wife, 25, b. Walworth, London
May R SACKETT, dau, 4, b. Peckham, London
Ada E SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Walworth.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 134 Brazard Rd, Peckham, London SE
Charles W Sackett, head, 41, married, lamplighter of public street gas lamps, South Metropolitan Gas Co, worker, b. Camberwell, London SE
Rose R Sackett, wife, 38, m. 15y, 2 ch, both living, b. Walworth, London SE
May R Sackett, dau, 14, assistant to dressmaker, worker, b. Camberwell
Ada E Sackett, dau, 12, school, b. Walworth.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Charles William of 134 Brayards-road Peckham Surrey died 9 December 1925 Administration London 11 January 1926 to Rose Sackett widow and Ada Elizabeth Sackett spinster. Effects £699 13s. 8d."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Rose of 103a Honor Oak Park Forest Hill London widow died 23 October 1953 at The Hostel of God Clapham Common London Administration London 14 January 1954 to Frank Charles Sackett departmental manager. Effects £352 4s. 7d."
|Last Edited||4 Feb 2018|