|Father||Edward Sackett (1799-1876)|
|Mother||Sarah Sage (c 1800-1880)|
In 1841 Jeremiah was living at Hereson Road, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents Edward and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Jeremiah Sackett, aged seven and born in Kent.1
In 1851 he was living at 34 Addington Place, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Jeremiah Sackett, a tailor, aged 16, and born at Ramsgate, son of Edward Sackett.9
In 1861 he was living at 7 Spencer Square, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Jeremiah Sackett, a tailor, unmarried, aged 27 and born in London, son of Edward Sackett.10
In 1871 he was living at 2 Adelaide Gardens, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Jeremiah Sackett, a tailor, head of household, married, aged 37, and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Mary, aged 40, and born in Canterbury, his stepchildren, Albert Redman, 15, and Mary Ann Redman, 13, and his children, Rose, 8, Emily, 3, and Ada, aged one. Also in the household were a visitor, Emily Stewart, and a general servant, Emily Sterling.11
In 1881 he was living at 4 Paradise, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Jeremiah Sackett, a tailor, head of household, a widower, aged 47 and born in London. Living with him was his unmarried brother Edward, 49, also a tailor.12
Children of Jeremiah Sackett and Mary Ann (Butler) Redman
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Arthur Digerson Sackett & Florence Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Hereson Road, St Lawrence, Kent
Edward Sackett, 40, tailor, b. Kent
Sarah Sackett, 40, b. Kent
Edward Sackett, 9, b. Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, 7, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 3, b. Kent
Ruth Sage, 23, FS, b. Kent
Mary Sage, 20, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 28; Page: 25; Line: 25; GSU roll: 306862.
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "1 May 1836 Jeremiah s. Edward & Sarah Sackett, Ramsgate, tailor."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1891. Sackett, Jeremiah, 56. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St George, Ramsgate, Kent, "24 August 1862 Jeremiah Sackett, 28, bachelor, tailor, of Christ Church, Ramsgate, & Mary Ann Redman, 32, widow, of Harbour Street, Ramsgate. Both signed. Fathers: Edward Sackett, tailor; Richard Butler, licensed victualler. Witnesses: Eliza Holyer?, Henry Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1862. Sackett, Jeremiah. Thanet. 2a:1034."
- Birth date from age at death.
- Burials Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "1 September 1875 Mary Ann Sackett, Ramsgate, 44 years, died 28 August 1875."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1875. Sackett, Mary Ann, 44. Thanet."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1630/f540
34 Addington Pl.
Henry SIMMONDS, head, married, 34, grocer, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Sarah SIMMONDS, wife, 43, b. Kent, Newington
Sarah Ann CHESTER, dau-in-law, unmarried, 18, dressmaker, b. Kent, Folkestone
Elizabeth CHESTER, visitor, widow, 83, labourer's widow, b. Kent, Elham
Edward SACKETT, head, married, 50, tailor, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Sarah SACKETT, wife, 49, b. Kent, Dover
Edward SACKETT, son, unmarried, 19, tailor, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Jeremiah SACKETT, son, unmarried, 16, tailor, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Mary Ann SACKETT, dau, 13, at home, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Henry SACKETT, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Emma SAGE, visitor, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Minster
Henry SAGE, visitor, unmarried, 39, cordwainer, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, 7 Spencer Sq., Ramsgate, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 61, tailor, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Sarah Sackett, wife, 60, b. Dover, Kent
Edward Sackett, son, unm., 29, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Jeremiah Sackett, son, unm., 27, tailor, b. London
Henry Sackett, son, unm., 19, painter, b. St Lawrence, Kent.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/995/f116
2 Adelaide Gdns, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, head, married, 37, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 40, b. Canterbury
Albert Redman, stepson, 15, block maker, b. Ramsgate
Mary Ann Redman, stepdau, 13, b. Ramsgate
Rose Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 3, b. Ramsgate
Ada Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate
Emily Stewart, visitor, married, 25, cloth merchant's wife, b. London
Emily Sterling, visitor, unm., 16, general servant, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341234, PRO RG11/0987/31/7
4 Paradise, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremiah SACKETT, head, widower, 47, b. London, Middlesex, tailor
Edward SACKETT, brother, unmarried, 49, b. Ramsgate, tailor.
|Last Edited||10 Mar 2015|