|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (c 1834-1891)|
|Mother||Mary Ann (Butler) Redman (1831-1875)|
In 1871 Emily was living at 2 Adelaide Gardens, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents Jeremiah and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Emily Sackett, aged three and born in Ramsgate.4
In 1881 she was living at 1 Grasmere, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her stepsister Mary and Mary's husband Sydney Stead, and was recorded as Emily Sackett, a scholar, aged 13 and born in Ramsgate.5
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1868. Sackett, Emily. Mother: Butler. Thanet. 2a:799."
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "18 May 1868 Emily d. Jeremiah & Mary Sackett, Adelaide Gardens, tailor."
- Marriages Register, St John the Evangelist, East Dulwich, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "26 March 1893, Jesse James Butler, 25, bachelor, tailor, of 55 Abbeville Rd, Clapham, father: William Butler, publican; and Emily Sackett, 25, spinster, of 7 East Dulwich Grove, father: Jeremiah Sackett (deceased), tailor. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Sydney Stead, Ada Butler."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/995/f116
2 Adelaide Gdns, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, head, married, 37, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 40, b. Canterbury
Albert Redman, stepson, 15, block maker, b. Ramsgate
Mary Ann Redman, stepdau, 13, b. Ramsgate
Rose Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 3, b. Ramsgate
Ada Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate
Emily Stewart, visitor, married, 25, cloth merchant's wife, b. London
Emily Sterling, visitor, unm., 16, general servant, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0989/93/22
Sydney Stead, head, married, 26, b. Ramsgate, Kent, solicitors clerk
Mary Stead, wife, 23, b. Ramsgate, solicitors clerks wife
Emily Sackett, wifes stepsister, 13, b. Ramsgate, scholar
Albert Redman, brother-in-law, unmarried, 25, b. Ramsgate, carpenter & joiner.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2016|