|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (c 1834-1891)|
|Mother||Mary Ann (Butler) Redman (1831-1875)|
In 1871 Rose was living at 2 Adelaide Gardens, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents Jeremiah and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Rose Sackett, aged eight and born in Ramsgate.9
In 1881 she was living at 74 High Street, RamsgateG, in the household of Edward Paine, 34, a hotel keeper, and was recorded as Rose Sackett, a servant, unmarried, aged 18.10
In 1891 she was living at 11 Camden Square, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Rose Mynheer, a fisherman's wife, aged 28. Living with her was her son Albert, aged one.11
In 1901 she was living at 6 Adelaide Gardens, RamsgateG, in the household of her husband William, 38, a mariner, and was recorded as R Mynheer, aged 39. Living with them were their children, Albert, 12, Daniel, 2, and Frederick, aged five months.12
In 1911 she was living at 54 Hertford Street, RamsgateG, and was recorded as Rose Mynheer, head of household, aged 45. Living with her were her sons, William, 19, Daniel, 12, and Frederick, aged ten. Deleted entries on the census form indicate that her husband was a trawlerman, and it may be assumed that he was at sea. The form was completed and signed by 12-year-old Daniel.13
Children of Rose Sackett and William Henry Mynheer
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1863. Sackett, Rose. Mother: Butler. Thanet. 2a:684."
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "31 August 1863 Rose d. Jeremiah & Mary Sackett, Adelaide Road, tailor."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1938. Mynheer, Rose, 74. Thanet. 2a:1702."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1887. Sackett, Rose. Thanet. 2a:1401."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1887. Mynheer, William Henry. Thanet. 2a:1401."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Jun qtr 1925. Mynheer, William H, 60. Thanet. 2a:1167."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/995/f116
2 Adelaide Gdns, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, head, married, 37, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 40, b. Canterbury
Albert Redman, stepson, 15, block maker, b. Ramsgate
Mary Ann Redman, stepdau, 13, b. Ramsgate
Rose Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 3, b. Ramsgate
Ada Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate
Emily Stewart, visitor, married, 25, cloth merchant's wife, b. London
Emily Sterling, visitor, unm., 16, general servant, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341234, PRO RG11/0987/7/7
74 High Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Rose SACKETT, serv, unmarried, 18, b. Ramsgate, serv
[in household of Edward Paine, 34, hotel keeper, & family].
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, Piece 730, Folio 108, p. 13
11 Camden Sq, Ramsgate, Kent
Rose Mynheer, wife, 28, fisherman's wife, b. Ramsgate
Albert V Mynheer, son, 1, b. Ramsgate.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Piece 825, Folio 151, p. 24
6 Adalaid Gar, Ramsgate, Kent
Mynheer, W H, head, married, 38, mariner, own a/c, b. Ramsgate
Mynheer, R, wife, 39, b. Ramsgate
Mynheer, A V, son, 12, scholar, b. Ramsgate
Mynheer, J A, son, 2, b. Ramsgate
Mynheer, F R, son, 5 months, b. Ramsgate.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Piece 4516, Schedule 49
54 Hertford Street, Ramsgate, Kent
[line 1 name blank, "fisherman, trawler, worker, b. Ramsgate" struck through]
Rose Mynheer, head, 45, m. 24y, 5 ch, 4 living, b. Ramsgate
William Harold Mynheer, 19, single, sailmaker, worker, b. Ramsgate
Daniel Arthur Mynheer, son, 12, school, b. Ramsgate
Fredrick Richard Mynheer, son, 10, school, b. Ramsgate
[Form signed by Daniel Mynheer].
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2016|