Ada Eliza Sackett
|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (c 1834-1891)|
|Mother||Mary Ann (Butler) Redman (1831-1875)|
In 1871 Ada was living at 2 Adelaide Gardens, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of her parents Jeremiah and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Ada Sackett, aged one and born in Ramsgate.7
In 1911 she was living at 56B Ufford Street, Waterloo, Lambeth, LondonG, and was recorded as Ada Hill, a part-time cleaner, head of household, a widow aged 41 and born in Ramsgate. Living with her were her children, F Reginald Hill, 8, Elizabeth M Hill, 7, Cecil H Robertson, 18, and Florrie A Robertson, 16.8
Children of Ada Eliza Sackett and John Adam Robertson
Children of Ada Eliza Sackett and James Hill
- F Reginald Hill b. c 1902
- Elizabeth M Hill b. c 1903
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Mar qtr 1870. Sackett, Ada Eliza. Mother: Butler. Thanet. 2a:873."
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "18 January 1870 Ada Eliza d. Jeremiah & Mary Anne Sackett, Ramsgate, tailor."
- Marriages Register, St Michael & All Angels, Ladbroke Grove, Kensington, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "9 September 1891, John Adam Robertson, 22, bachelor, licensed victualler, of 164 Portobello Road, father: Duncan Robertson (deceased), silk buyer; and Ada Sackett, 21, spinster, of 8 Station Avenue, Brixton, father: James Sackett (deceased), tailor. Licence. Both signed. Witnesses: William Johnston Robertson, Mary Lillie Robertson."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1891. Sackett, Ada. Kensington. 1a:359."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1891. Robertson, John Adam. Kensington. 1a:359."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/995/f116
2 Adelaide Gdns, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremiah Sackett, head, married, 37, tailor, b. Ramsgate
Mary Sackett, wife, 40, b. Canterbury
Albert Redman, stepson, 15, block maker, b. Ramsgate
Mary Ann Redman, stepdau, 13, b. Ramsgate
Rose Sackett, dau, 8, b. Ramsgate
Emily Sackett, dau, 3, b. Ramsgate
Ada Sackett, dau, 1, b. Ramsgate
Emily Stewart, visitor, married, 25, cloth merchant's wife, b. London
Emily Sterling, visitor, unm., 16, general servant, b. Bermondsey.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 1952
56B Ufford Street, Waterloo, Lambeth, SE
Ada Hill, head/wife, 41, widow, 5 ch, all living, showroom cleaning (part-time), b. Ramsgate, Kent
F Reginald Hill, son, 8, b. London, Islington, Scottish father
Elizabeth M Hill, dau, 7, b. London, Holborn, Scottish father
Cecil H Robertson, son, 18, single, apprentice Modern business devisers Printers Stationers &c, worker, b. London, West Hackney, Scottish father
Florrie A Robertson, dau, 16, single, learner & messenger, theatrical costume & boot manufacture, worker, b. London, Grays Inn Lane, Scottish father.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2016|