Bertram Edward Sackett
|Father||Lyman Belcher Sackett (c 1840-between 1889 & 1894)|
|Mother||Caroline Lydia Aldridge (c 1850-1894)|
Bertram served in the East Indian Railway Volunteer Rifles during the First World War. He was awarded the Volunteer Forces Long Service & Good Conduct Medal on 7 June 1915.10
Children of Bertram Edward Sackett and Maisie Millicent Mary Wordsworth
- Dennis George Aldridge Sackett+ b. 18 May 1911, d. Feb 1938
- Mavis Dorothy Rose Sackett b. 22 May 1912
- Bertram William Dudley Sackett+ b. 20 May 1914, d. May 1998
- Cecil Evelyn Oliver Sackett b. 1916, d. 8 Jan 1917
- Ivan Walter Derrick Sackett b. c 1918, d. 15 Jan 1943
- Dulcie Ivy Zena Sackett+ b. 1919, d. 3 Mar 2010
- Edward Albert Trevor Sackett+ b. 5 Dec 1921, d. 2 Nov 2009
- Audrey Maisie Sackett b. 1929
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Email from Josephine Gillausseyn to Chris Sackett, April 2010, born in India.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website India Deaths and Burials 1719–1948 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 527431, "Bertram Edward Sackett, aged 60, d. 19 Jun 1945, bur. 19 Jun 1945, Aragram, Madras, India, marital status unknown, parents' names blank."
- Andrews Newspaper Index Cards (England), digital image, Ancestry.com, Statesman, 28 June 1945, "SACKETT—On the 19th June, 1945, at Madanapalle, Bertram Edward, aged 61 years and two months, dearly beloved husband of Mazie Mary. (Inserted by his broken-hearted wife)."
- Andrews Newspaper Index Cards (England), digital image, Ancestry.com, Statesman, 29 June 1945, "SACKETT—In ever-cherished and loving memory of our darling daddy, who left us for his Heavenly Home on 19th June 1945. (Inserted by his sorrowing children, Dulice, Ritchard, Audrey and Trevod.)" [Names as printed].
- "British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns, Deaths & Burials", digital image, Findmypast, "Bertram Edward Sackett, d. 19 Jun 1945, age 60, British Mercantile Assistant, bur. Bangalore All Saints, Madras, 19 Jun 1945, pulmonary tuberculosis. R M Barton, Priest."
- Website India Marriages 1792–1948 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 528129, "26 Jan 1910, Allahabad, Bengal, India, Bertram Edward Sackett, 26, s. Sagman Bercham Sackett sic; & Maisie Millicent Mary Wordsworth, 20, d. Walter Edmund Paschand Wordsworth."
- "British India Office Marriages", digital image, Findmypast, "All Saints Cathedral, Allahabad, Bengal, 26 Jan 1910, Bertram Edward Sackett, 26, bach, Loco Dept E I Ry, of Tundla, father Sagman Beecham Sackett [sic]; to Maisie Millicent Mary Wordsworth, 20, spinster, of Manikpur, father Walter Edmund Paschand Wordsworth. Banns. Witnesses: W E Wordsworth, C W F Wordsworth, Ivy Stewart. By G E Oldham, Chaplain."
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast, "Sackett, B E, Volunteer, East Indian Railway Volunteer Rifles, award Volunteer Forces Long Service & Good Conduct Medal, 7 Jun 1915."
|Last Edited||26 Jun 2020|