|Father||Edward Sackett (1848-1919)|
|Mother||Jane Logan (c 1847-1908)|
In 1881 Alfred was living at 4 Alexandra Terrace, Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded in the census as Alfred Sackett, aged five months, and born in Croydon.9
In 1891 he was living at 19 Hare Street, Woolwich, LondonG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded as Alfred Sackett, a scholar, aged ten and born in Croydon.10
In 1901 he was living at The Elms, Croydon Road, Warlingham, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Edward and Jane, and was recorded as Alfred Sackett, an apprentice, single, aged 20 and born in Croydon.11
In 1911 he was living at Ivy Lodge, Sanderstead Road, Sanderstead, SurreyG, and was recorded as Alfred Sackett, a plumber, head of household, aged 30 and born in Addiscombe, Croydon. Living with him were his wife Fanny, 27, their son Donald, 3, and Alfred's widowed father Edward, 62.12
Alfred joined the British Army (Royal Flying Corps) on 17 August 1916, serving as a mechanic during the First World War. He transferred to the Royal Air Force on its formation on 1 April 1918. He was promoted to Sergeant Mechanic on 1 December 1918 and served until 25 April 1919 when he transferred to the reserves.13
Alfred proved his father Edward's will on 29 August 1919. His estate was valued at £1,929.14
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Alfred and Fanny were living at Grant Road, Croydon, SurreyG. Alfred was a builder and plumber.15
Alfred left a will which was proved on 15 February 1950 by his widow Fanny and son Alan. His estate was valued at £1,599.16
Children of Alfred Sackett and Fanny Skelton
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1880. Sackett, Alfred. Mother: Logan. Croydon. 2a:233."
- 1939 Register has 25 Oct 1881.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1949. Sackett, Alfred, 69. Croydon."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1904. Sackett, Alfred. Tunbridge. 2a:1621."
- Military record.
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Dec qtr 1976. Sackett, Fanny, b. 18 Apr 1883. Croydon. 11:1843."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341193, PRO RG11/0816/108/74
Lr Addiscombe Rd No 4 Alexandra Terr
Edward Sackett, head, married, 32, b. Margate, Kent, ironmonger emping 2 men 1 boy
Jane Sackett, wife, 33, b. Guildford
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. Croydon, Surrey
John Sackett, son, 4, b. Croydon
Alfred Sackett, son, 5 months, b. Croydon
Florance Logan, visitor, unmarried, 19, b. Woolwich, Kent, visitor.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 532, folio 77, p. 4, GSU roll 6095642
19 Hare Street, Woolwich, London
Edward Sackett, head, married, 42, ironmonger (employer), b. Kent, Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 43, b. Surrey, Guildford
Alfred Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Surrey, Croydon.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 633/46
The Elms, Croydon Road
Edward Sackett, head, married, 52, living on own means, b. Margate, Kent
Jane Sackett, wife, 53, b. Guildford, Surrey
Alfred Sackett, son, single, 20, apprentice, b. Croydon, Surrey.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Ivy Lodge, Sanderstead Rd, Sanderstead, Surrey
Alfred Sackett, head, 30, married, plumber general shop, worker, b. Addiscombe, Croydon
Fanny Sackett, wife, 27, m. 6y, 1 ch, living, b. Tonbridge, Kent
Donald Alfred Sackett, son, 3, b. Addiscombe, Croydon
Edward Sackett, boarder, 62, widower, retired ironmonger, b. Margate, Kent.
- "British Royal Air Force service records, 1912–1939", digital image, Findmypast.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Edward of 83 Grant-road Addiscombe Croydon Surrey died 27 July 1919 Probate London 29 August to Alfred Sackett engineer and Henry James Crimp estate agent. Effects £1929 6s. 9d."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Grant Road, Croydon, Surrey: RG101/1288A/003/23, Alfred Sackett, b. 25 Oct 1881, married, builder, plumber & hot water fitter; RG101/1288A/003/24, Fanny Sackett, b. 18 Apr 1883, married, unpaid domestic duties.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Alfred of 83 Grant-road Addiscombe Surrey died 26 November 1949 Probate London 15 February 1950 to Fanny Sackett widow and Alan Edward Sackett merchant. Effects £1599 7s. 3d."
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||28 April 2019|