A record for John in the 1841 census has not been found. He may have been at sea. His wife Sarah, 60+, and daughter Elizabeth, 15+, were living in St John in ThanetG.9
In 1851 John was living at 68 High Street, St John's, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, a mariner, head of household, a widower, aged 66, and born in Garlinge, Kent. Living with him was his unmarried daughter Elizabeth, aged 29.10
In 1861 he was living at 128 High Street, MargateG, and was recorded as John Sackett, a mariner, head of household, a widower, aged 75, and born in Margate. Living with him was his unmarried daughter Elizabeth, aged 38.1
Children of John Sackett and Sarah Tucker
Notes & Citations
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
128 High St., Margate, Kent
John Sackett, head, widower, 75, mariner, b. Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, unm., 38, housekeeper, b. Margate.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, Zion Chapel, Margate, Kent, "3 April 1866 John Sackett, 80 years, decay."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1866. Sackett, John, 80. Thanet."
- Marriages Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "9 May 1811 John Sackett & Sarah Tucker."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1848. Sackett, Sarah, 67. Thanet. 5:412."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "17 February 1848 Sarah Sackett, Margate, 68."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 468, book 2, folio 19, p. 3, GSU roll 306863
St John, Margate, Kent
Sarah Sackett, 60, ind, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 15, b. [blank]
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 68 High St., St. Johns, Margate, Kent
John Sackett, head, widower, 66, mariner, b. Kent, Garlinge
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, unmarried, 29, seamstress, b. Kent, Margate
- 1851 Census for England & Wales.
|Last Edited||21 Jun 2021|