Alan Edward Sackett
|Father||Alfred Sackett (1880-1949)|
|Mother||Fanny Skelton (1883-1976)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Alan was a commercial traveller, living at 49 Longlands Avenue, Carshalton, SurreyG. A redacted name in the record was presumably that of his wife Katherina.7
Alan and his mother Fanny proved Alan's father Alfred's will on 15 February 1950. His estate was valued at £1,599.8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1912. Sackett, Alan E (mother's maiden name: Skilton). Croydon."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Mary's Church, Sanderstead, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "20 Oct 1912, Alan Edward Sackett, s. Alfred & Fanny Sackett, of Ivy Lodge, Sanderstead Rd, plumber. A Watson Smythe, Curate."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1939. Sackett, Alan E. Spouse: Tippert. Croydon. 2a:2689."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1939. Lippert, Katherina L. Spouse: Sackett. Croydon. 2a:2689."
- Groom's record has Tippert; bride's has Lippert. Lippert is more likely.
- "1939 Register", digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 49 Longlands Avenue, Carshalton, Surrey: RG101/1327D/014/8, Alan E Sackett, b. 20 Jul 1912, married, commercial traveller paint; & 1 closed record.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Alfred of 83 Grant-road Addiscombe Surrey died 26 November 1949 Probate London 15 February 1950 to Fanny Sackett widow and Alan Edward Sackett merchant. Effects £1599 7s. 3d."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||13 Oct 2018|